Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it time to trip

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Is it this the time to trip low traffic, low fuel costs, no virus. ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
65 REPLIES 65

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
People can scoff at having to stay home. If people wold have stayed home at the start of this it may not be as bad. All air travel should have shut down. I believe that is how it spread the fastest.
Some think it is ok for them to travel around while others are diligent in staying home in order to get this thing contained. Sure you can stay away from people but what if and I mean if you get sick and this thing can not be detected detected right away. All of a sudden you are sick and can't travel, then you are at the mercy of some place that is already overwhelmed because it is full of people wanting to get away.
In 2002 my wife and I travelled on a flight to Ft Mc Murray Alberta. I returned home 3 days later and she stayed. We both came down with a pneumonia that we think we caught on our trip there. I got better with my Drs. help but was damned sick. My wife was not so lucky. She wound up on a ventilator for 10 days and almost died. She did survive but now only has 50 to 60 percent lung function at best. Top that of with some severe nerve damage she lost a big part of being healthy. My point is this virus can and will do the same damage is it worth the risk. Not for us!
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
If my wife wasn't working through this....works at a 24 hour urgent care, and if the camper wasn't in Oregon. We would probably be in some forest on the river boondocking and fly-fishing.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just drove from Yuma Az. to Nashville Tn.were we live none.Must say going thru Albuquerque, Amarillo, Oklahoma City was great. Very little cars and traffic if any.The best part of the trip Desil fuel in Oklahoma was running $1.64. Own my MH Dp
DP since 2003, can't remember fuel that low. Again can't remember what day of the week it is.
How ever one low was not able to stop at those good BBQ and cat fish restaurants.

Had no trouble finding RV parks open.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
clayway wrote:
I posted earlier, I was tired of home quarantine, I did 14 days as I recently flew
I left in the MH this morning drove nearly 8 hours, slow backroads from FL to NC, bought gas twice used clean gloves a credit card & tonight I am boon docked in rural NC. I have not seen or talked to another individual, I am going to continue with no particular destination in mind.
My objective, enjoy the open road & avoid all contact with people,

At least you have a home to go to. With close to apparently 1 million full timers who have no where to go, it is going to be a problem if people continue to travel from one place to another for no reason other than being bored. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. You can decide for yourself which one you are. Im staying home until the dust settles. Don't force their hand in setting up roadblocks to prevent un-necessary travel.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
clayway wrote:
I posted earlier, I was tired of home quarantine, I did 14 days as I recently flew
I left in the MH this morning drove nearly 8 hours, slow backroads from FL to NC, bought gas twice used clean gloves a credit card & tonight I am boon docked in rural NC. I have not seen or talked to another individual, I am going to continue with no particular destination in mind.

SO,,,, we did the 14 day quarantine,, How do we know we didn't re-infect today?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
wildmanbaker wrote:
Off Line, getting ready for the end. Come get some!

at the risk of feeding a troll....the end of what?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

clayway
Explorer
Explorer

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Off Line, getting ready for the end. Come get some!
Wildmanbaker

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
rgatijnet1 wrote:
wildmanbaker wrote:
steveh27 wrote:
I heard the FL gov issued orders requiring people flying in from NY & NJ must go into a 14 day quarantine.
You can hear anything hanging around the outhouse. You cannot do that unless someone declares Martial Law.

And yet they are doing it, along with criminal penalties for those that don't comply. Don't like our rules....stay home and infect your own neighbors. 14 day isolation

Just read from the CDC update they found active virus on a ship that had been empty for 17 days. I think we are learning .

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
wildmanbaker wrote:
steveh27 wrote:
I heard the FL gov issued orders requiring people flying in from NY & NJ must go into a 14 day quarantine.
You can hear anything hanging around the outhouse. You cannot do that unless someone declares Martial Law.

And yet they are doing it, along with criminal penalties for those that don't comply. Don't like our rules....stay home and infect your own neighbors. 14 day isolation

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
steveh27 wrote:
Wildmanbaker

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
if you don't have contact with them or frequent the same spaces you should be safe. might be more dangerous to leave.
Like most everyone else we plan to ride this out at home. While traveling we will only have public contact for fueling and walking the dogs, the rest of the time weโ€™ll be in the coach. There are a number of storms coming through at the moment so weโ€™re hoping to avoid them. And since we have to quarantine when we get home we are enjoying the last of warm sunny weather and an empty beach while we can.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
rk911 wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
...They are now talking about closing our State border because of these selfish idiots.

who is ''they" and can you please provide a link to the source of that statement?

The Governor and I assume you have an internet connection to satisfy your own curiosity.
I should have added that if THEY do close the border it would not be the first time. Occasionally we do get hurricanes down here and they have closed the border before for all but essential traffic. If you got caught out of State during those times, you could not go home. It can happen altho the Gov is not willing to go that far yet. A lot depends on how this is spreading.

you're the one making the claim so it's on you to back it up.

but...https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Law-enforcement-Rumors-of-Florida-border-shutdown-are-false-568983...

also did a search for any instance of florida closing their border for any reason...no hits. so, back to you to back up your statements. otherwise please try and calm down.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle