cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It is with a sad heart that I bid all of you adieu

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Today, I took my Winnebago to the dealer and sold her. She is gone. She served us well for 8 1/2 years, but she is history.

However, you can find me over in the Travel Trailer forum, because at the same time that I sold the Winnebago, I bought a new Airstream trailer.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB
18 REPLIES 18

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
mountainsam wrote:
I wonder if there are any RV's anywhere that haven't looked admiringly at an Airstream.

Or ..... looked admiringly at one of their strong look-alike competitors from years gone by ..... a Streamliner trailer. They looked just like an Airstream - rounded off corners, all polished aluminum skin, closed off under-belly, quality and very functional interior, $$$ to buy, etc..

We had a Streamliner in our backyard on full hookups for many years so that the DW's dad could come down from Idaho and live in it over several winters.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

mountainsam
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the Airstream. I wonder if there are any RV's anywhere that haven't looked admiringly at an Airstream.
2017 Thor Gemini 23TR w/ 3.2 Power Stroke turbo diesel
2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed 4X4 6 Speed Auto (sold)
2013 Rockwood Signature 8281 WS w/Sidewinder Pin (sold)
DW and Sofie our Black Lab /Boxer and Phoebe our Schnoodle

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Congrads. We had a 25 foot Air Stream Safari for about 20 years. We belonged to the WBCCI and lead caravans and went on many. I just got old and decided to go to a small Class C w/no toad. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats and I'm jealous! Some day I plan on having and Airstream. These kids keep sucking all the money out of me right now.
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
It is with a sad heart that I bid all of you adieu

Whew!

I thought for a minute you where quitting RV'ing! :B

Since we are now empty nesters, we wanted to downsize. Going to a Class B was VERY expensive. We are buying a brand new F-150, tricked out like we want, and a brand new Airstream trailer for about half what we would have spent on an equivalent Class B.

Well that's one way to convince the DW that papa needed a brand spanking new truck! :W

Congrats on your new RV'ing rig.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, off to Airstream land for you!

http://www.airforums.com

And while you're at it, join the WBCCI and start doing rallies! We're already registered for a rally out at El Morro here in NM. Then it's off to Escanaba, MI for the big international rally. And then up to Grand Junction, CO for the Peach Festival rally! (Since we live nearby, we won't go to the WBCCI rally at Balloon Fiesta in October; we'll just drop in.)

http://www.wbcci.org

๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since we are now empty nesters, we wanted to downsize. Going to a Class B was VERY expensive. We are buying a brand new F-150, tricked out like we want, and a brand new Airstream trailer for about half what we would have spent on an equivalent Class B.

Reason 2, even if we went Class B, to go driving without breaking camp, we would have to tow a car. We thought it was silly to drive a Class B and tow a car that was almost as big as the RV.

Reason 3, since there is just the 2 of us, we got tired of having 4 vehicles. We had the MH, the toad, a minivan, and a pickup truck that DW inherited from her father. The pickup truck is too useful to give up. It hauls stuff. The minivan is too useful to give up. It hauls stuff inside, out of the weather. That left the MH and the toad. Since the pickup truck was not enough truck for our new trailer, we traded the MH and the pickup on the new trailer. (Actually, we sold the pickup to the RV salesman. We traded it to the RV dealership, and the salesman wrote the dealership a check. They were just the middleman.) As soon as the new pickup truck comes in (8 to 10 weeks) we will list the toad and our Ready Brute Elite tow bar for sale somewhere. That will get us down to 2 vehicles.
Bobbo and Lin

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you don't mind sharing ... what factors went into your decision to go from a Class C to a TT?

P.S. For awhile my brother-in-law had an Airstream Class B+!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
When I see one I think those are wealthy people.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Good news you have adapted to another form of Rv'ing, hope you have many smooth roads of travel.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Airstreams still turn heads...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Your former fellow Winnie owners will miss you. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

It has a 6000 GVWR, so we are downsizing.
Bobbo and Lin

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You closed a door and opened a window. Congrats. :C