cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been fun

wsfurrie
Explorer
Explorer
It has finally happened, after 50 years and 10 RVs we are hanging up our keys for good. Old age and health problems have caught up with me and they won. We started with a class B, read VW camper and ended up with a B, read PW. In between we had every type except a tent trailer and enjoyed them all. I am listing our PW this week, the wife is putting up a brave front. It will be not unlike when the last child left home. I have promised her that we will use the proceeds to inhabit B&B's, we do not care for motels. I will probably still peruse this group in my spare time for nostalgia's sake, it has provided me with much entertainment and considerable knowledge.
Good luck to you all and keep the shiny side up.

Wayne, 05 Excel TS
Wayne
19 REPLIES 19

wsfurrie
Explorer
Explorer
Two weeks since we listed it and yesterday the new owners drove it away. Kind of like seeing your last child leave home. It is going to take a while to get used to the empty space beside the house. Thanks to all of you for your well wish's.
Wayne, ex 05 ExcelTS
Wayne

wsfurrie
Explorer
Explorer
RV Trader, it is the first one. $39.900, Deltona FL

http://www.rvtrader.com/Deltona-RVs----Florida-Pleasure-Way-Excel-Class-B-RVs/search-results?type=Class+B|198068&make=Pleasure+Way|2290498&model=Excel|764847272&modelkeyword=1&zip=32725&radius=100&sort=featured:desc
Wayne

hoosiermark
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to send you a PM but your email is blocked. Where do you have your RV listed for sale?

RayUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
dvitale300 wrote:
God bless! Keep on the forum if you can - you have a lot of knowledge to share.

X2. We'll keep your legacy going.

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
Best Wishes! Going from a B to a B&B we could say you are still part of the B family.

Alain
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
Best Wishes and well said DrSolo!! Find Bliss and Peace....
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes,
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

jjrai
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for sharing and showing us how fast it goes.

drsolo
Explorer
Explorer
The young risk because they have never stared into the black chasm or they have nothing to lose. I was forced at 18 when my father and brother were killed when their airplane crashed and burned. That produced two changes in my life outlook; life is short so I would fully live every day always taking time to find some bliss, but I would live safely as well, dont be stupid careless and dont hang with stupid careless people. Getting my RVan was taking back my life I had let slide a bit. But I set up rules for me being on the road, including no night travel, no driving longer than 5 hours which has been whittled back to 4 max. to increase my safety margin. I drive under the limit so everyone is passing me, gives me more time to react to stupid/careless drivers. I want to see a lot more of the US before the chasm.
Ingrid and Dan Retired teachers from Milwaukee, WI
1992 GMC Vandura conversion

Karenys
Explorer
Explorer
You have a vast wealth of knowledge to be shared still. Enjoy your new travel experiences and share B n B info with us (for when we hang up our keys).

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
wsfurrie wrote:
It has finally happened, after 50 years and 10 RVs we are hanging up our keys for good. Old age and health problems have caught up with me and they won. We started with a class B, read VW camper and ended up with a B, read PW. In between we had every type except a tent trailer and enjoyed them all. I am listing our PW this week, the wife is putting up a brave front. It will be not unlike when the last child left home. I have promised her that we will use the proceeds to inhabit B&B's, we do not care for motels. I will probably still peruse this group in my spare time for nostalgia's sake, it has provided me with much entertainment and considerable knowledge.
Good luck to you all and keep the shiny side up.

Wayne, 05 Excel TS

Thanks for your many contributions to this site and many Blessings as you move on to the next stage in your life. Do stay tuned to our Rv site and you may have some helpful tips anyway for those who are newbies with rvs or are stumped with an unusual problem
AL

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just keep enjoying life as much as you can! Sounds like you know how to make changes when you have to....so you will just be moving on via B&Be, and that's not bad at all!

Happy trails!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
"The part that bothers me now is being safe. We used to love to get way back off the trails all by ourselves. This is getting harder to do now. Two old folks are probably easy picking...

35 years with heavy packs for a week or more in the middle of nowhere, up and down mountains, fast motorcycles, just started running and taking off and flying in just a seat with nothing in my vision over mountains in Montana and .............

It is interesting how young folks (me too back then) will risk The Rest of Their Lives to engage in so much stuff, risky stuff. Yet, the older I get I won't take as much risk - Yet without that not much life left to live.

It is about Emotion.

I say for myself, screw it, just go for whatever I have left in terms of emotion. Hey, I'm not as dumb risk taking wise as I was at 20 years old, so why not?

Wayne, you can look back and enjoy reflecting on all the good times, less so too.

Take care.

Bud

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Outstanding and great run! Please do stay for your ensite / experience!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !