cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just for fun, name or no name

sandyhu248
Explorer
Explorer
So just for fun, has anyone on this forum named their RV? We have a new 2017 Freedom Elite 29FE. I have been trying to think of a name for it. Boat owners may understand this delimma because just about every boat has a name! Our first RV was a used 1984 33ft Holiday Rambler. It's name was the "Big Mamoo " and was given that name by the original owners. We didn't have our second RV long enough to name it.
So if you have given your RV a name, what is it, and how did you come up with the name?
🙂
43 REPLIES 43

Eyegor
Explorer
Explorer
. See my sig
87 Mallard Sprinter 24' Class C Ford E350 w/460 gas "The Runny Duck"
Shiny side up, Rubber side down.

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
Our vanity plate is TINSHAK
Jesseannie

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
My Winnie Brave was named "Budget Buster".
Ray

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you do a search, you'll find endless posts on this, some do, some don't, we're in the don't group, but like many things with an RV, It's yours, do what you want.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Dragonfly
Explorer
Explorer
Not too many RVs have names. Some folks use their CB handles although CBs are disappearing. My favorite boat name was "After You." So when folks asked what you named your boat you could say, "I named it After You."
DRAGONFLY - 2011, Provan Tiger CX, on a F350, 4WD, regular cab chassis

justinhscott
Explorer
Explorer
“The Caboose” because we often camp with a group and we always seem to be last to arrive!

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I called the first one "Bertha."
This one I call "The Heeler" as opposed to the The Header.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
All of my vehicles were already named when I bought them. My car was named Toyota, my truck was named Ford, and my RV was named Airstream.

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
"Road Dog"

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We called our 'Liability but Fun'

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
My brother named his 10 year old Class C "The Thirsty Whale". I think that's clever because he is a Navy man who lived on a sailboat before getting an RV, and his motorhome probably drinks a lot of gas. As a side note 40 years ago I bought an unusual sports car from Chevrolet named the Monza Spyder (it looked like this one, but it's long gone). It has a large spider decal on the hood and spider emblems front and back. I got personalized plates for it that said "8 LEGS". Sometimes I would see people pull up behind me at a stoplight and laugh.

2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We alternate between "home" and "the rig." I named all my sailboats, but it seems a bit silly to me for an RV.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
As from a long line of watermen, of course boats are named, but that makes sense because if there is a creation of man that has a soul, it is a vessel undersail. But when you are in this realm, you suddenly realize that naming things has a practical side. Of course, we had more than one small boat, so "Taking the small boat" was an invitation to confusion at some level. "Taking the car" has the same effect. But if the cars are named, the confusion ends. We have also had more than one RV in the family at this point, so again with the confusion.

Some come with a name, like the Class C was always Cayo. That was in big letters on the front and back. The current coach, we had for a while. Before a name formed. We often do this rather than christen a vessel that is not new, but a recent acquisition, we get to know her. She has a name and she will tell you. I got a boat once that did not like the name on her stern. She told me in so many ways. Things were much better when it was what one she liked to be called.

Matt - A lifelong waterman and congenital sailor
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Old trailer never had a name even though we tried a couple different ones...never stuck. New one is Betsy...how that happened I’m not sure but it has stuck.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
We went a completely different direction and gave it a lot of thought. We wanted the name to be witty and give people that saw the name that "Ah Hah" moment. After 1-2 minutes of thought, we decided on calling it "The Camper".
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.