cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kwikee electric step

Sanediego
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Fleetwood pace arrow. The step sadly decided to quit working. I have gone through every method I have used in the past to no avail. But I really do believe it is electric. Does someone know where the fuse is for that step?

And of course, I’m halfway between home, San Diego and North Dakota.

Many thanks in advance

Sandiego
6 REPLIES 6

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sanediego,

I think you've received good advice so far. The only thing I would like to add is that you be VERY CAREFUL working around the steps while they are energized. It's easy to accidentally reach through the steps or between the linkages while trying to jockey into a better position, and if the steps energized during that time they could cause severe physical damage to fingers, hands & arms.

Be safe and Good Luck!!!

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Kwikee steps has two circuits and two grounds.
One circuit fused off the ignition switch. The other fused circuit is off the chassis battery system.
Both my fuses are in the battery control center.
Grounds in the dirty area around the step should be checked.
Kwikee step wiring diagram might not be for your specific model.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
nhake01 wrote:
If it is a Kwikee, then the motor is probably the failure. They fail quite often and are easy to replace.

Not if it is retracted:B

With engine running, open and close the entry door. IF the amber underneath step light comes ON and OFF. Then the wiring is OK(fuse also). IF the step light comes ON and off with door opening and closing, then have someone open and close the door with you HITTING the motor with a hammer. rapidly. If the motor has a dead spot(usual cause), the hammering will jar it to open. BUT, you will still need a new motor as it WILL fail again and usually when it is extended. But if this is the case the hammer trick will get it to retract. Doug

nhake01
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a Kwikee, then the motor is probably the failure. They fail quite often and are easy to replace.

Sanediego
Explorer
Explorer
In

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it stuck in or out?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund