cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Shut-Off

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2004 Holiday Rambler Vacationer and there is a shut-off that I don't remember the function of. In the back bay, driver side, well behind the power supply are two pvc pipes, one is rather large (about 3") with a large red shut-off valve. Can't recall what the PO told me it was and I have not done anything with it to this point. Recently had the unit winterized and I noticed that the valve is in the off position. Heading south in a few days and once I get to warmer climes I will de-winterize but now wondering if that valve has anything to do with it.

Without pics does anyone maybe know what that is? I do recall the PO saying that it can be hard to turn and to be careful with it but don't remember exactly what or why. This is not in the wet bay with all the other water and sewer connections, it is separate and all the way to the rear of the coach.

Thanks gang.

dickiebob
Explorer
Explorer
Fresh water tank drain.
2007 Monaco Monarch SFS30 SVE
with 2006 Ford F53 V10
2001 Honda CRV Toad

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our Monaco what I think you are describing is the main freshwater drain, it should always be in the closed position unless needing to dump FW tank in a hurry. It is quite difficult to turn valve as mentioned above, I don't mess with it at all during active camping season. Of course we use it primarily for winterizing, our FW tank hold 80 gallons and it certainly whooshes out creating a crater in our gravel when dumping.

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Fresh water tank drain. They are hard to turn and often after opening and closing they will drip and you have to open and close again.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Some Motorhomes use a large diameter PVC valve to drain the Fresh Water tank. The input and output is usually 1 inch in diameter. If it looks like this, then that may be what it is. OR, do you already have another Fresh Tank drain? Doug

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing-Valves-Ball-Valves/PVC/10/N-5yc1vZca1sZ1z0qwqpZ1z0usnc?storeSel...

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Pics are the only way to help. Unless someone has the same year and model.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
At 3" is sounds like a sewer pipe rather than fresh water.