cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leisure Time RV Closing

retired4fun2002
Explorer
Explorer
I was recently in at Leisure Time RV in Winter Garden, FL, it was the premier place to get parts for RT's, and quality repairs also. We recently picked a new '15 210P from them. They have been in business for 45 years at the same location, but with the economy and all other things considered, they are closing their doors. We have been in and out of there for many years, Maureen Prentiss, the Mgr of Parts, her husband Ken, who was the Sales Manager were a really viable team. Rob, Tom, Ashlee, in the Service Department, along with all the others provided quality work. When they had RT Rallies in FL, Leisure Time usually had one of their Mobile Trucks on site, did repairs and offered solid advice. A sad time for the RV Industry, but a sadder day for Trekkers. Ron
13 REPLIES 13

misswewa1
Explorer
Explorer
Does their business closing void the Rhino RV Roof warranty?

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
To get back to the subject. I think the reason for the sale of Leasure has to do with an offer to buy, not bad business. Campers World has been buying up dealers all over the country. Maybe the owner wants to retire?

Heapie

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
So its not the Roadtrek per se, but the layout and floor plan. I can understand that.

After owning both Class A and C motorhomes, its small size is one of the things I like best about the small Class Bs, and don't mind the compromises in layout and storage. What it gets me is far more important IMO, as I now have an RV I can literally go and park just about anywhere I can with a car. I use it so much more, and for things I normally wouldn't consider with an A or C. Its a win-win for me, but surely not for everyone.

Neverhappy
Explorer
Explorer
TinyoneRV wrote:
Neverhappy wrote:
Not to mention that with a Roadtrek you don't get a bang for your buck !
I have a 2005 190 popular...and it sucks big time...only the size and looks are OK

We have a 2004 190P on the Chevy chassis that we really like. Would be interested in why you think yours is so bad.

First I like to shower without building my bathroom....then as I don't have a macerator...emptying the tanks is a real pita.
Also..no lounging area. I love it's looks and It parks like a car.
I have a Chinook in Europe and its better although far from perfect.
My 190 p is on a Chevy and I am using it in Florida.
Y2K Silverado Whipple Supercharger,SuperSprings Airlifts
97 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
77 Chevy 1 Ton C30 (I love this truck)
Chinook Concourse Y2K V10 (Europe)
Roadtrek 190 popular Chevy (USA)
Great West Vans class C 94 (only 4 made)

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
Neverhappy wrote:
I have a 2005 190 popular...and it sucks big time...only the size and looks are OK

We have a 2004 190P on the Chevy chassis that we really like. Would be interested in why you think yours is so bad.

Neverhappy
Explorer
Explorer
Y2K Silverado Whipple Supercharger,SuperSprings Airlifts
97 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
77 Chevy 1 Ton C30 (I love this truck)
Chinook Concourse Y2K V10 (Europe)
Roadtrek 190 popular Chevy (USA)
Great West Vans class C 94 (only 4 made)

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

The closing of Leasure may be an omen of the future in retail sales. I recently moved my storage of my 190V to a retail store in the area. I decided to give them some business instead of other fixit shops because most of my purchases will be made elsewhere because most RV retail shops are high priced. I shall be quiet about it. Reason, I want them to be around when I need them.

As for Leasure, at this time, we don't have the full story.

Heapie

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
the net has made a huge impact on dealers, I was at a swimming pool parts store monday price for part 149. bucks same part on the net 89. bucks two day delivery. hard for the dealer to stay open.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Admin wrote:
Wow!
That is really not a good sign.
Was there any previous indication this might be in the works.
I hate to see long term companies close, we lose so much information and technology history.

Do you know what the closing date is?

Admin
RV.net

I bet the wheels are turning at Camping World. I would not be surprised to see their name on the closing dealer! Yet another blow to the RV industry!

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
The Internet surely has changed how all of us buy now.

retired4fun2002
Explorer
Explorer
I believe they were closing at the end of the month. The Techs are always hirable and most I spoke with had something lined up. The real problem that I see, what RT Dealer will take over the parts procurement from Roadtrek that Leisure TIme was famous for. I mentioned, I just picked up a new '15 210P from them in October, but didn't hear anything concerning this closing. When I spoke with the Salesman and others, I would have thought things would have been booming, but they said quite the contrary...people were coming in and wanted to buy, but their credit was not strong enough to handle the deal. Another thing that I heard is a problem is more people are shopping thru the internet....didn't say anything, but that is how I bought my '05 thru RVDirect - and got a super deal. This time I searched RT Dealers for the one I wanted, made contact and Leisure TIme took my offer and I showed up about 10 days later. It also looks like we are going to see more Mega-Dealers and the little guys can't compete. Ron

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear that this closing may be a problem for nearby RV folks. Hopefully a good, experienced staff will find other jobs in the Orlando area in the same industry.

It's surprising though to hear the economy as a reason for any RV business, especially in Florida, to be closing at this point. There's another post today about how strong national RV sales are, and some buyers are quoted as saying strong economy influenced their decision to buy.

In Florida, the economy seems to be booming... unemployment is way down, and annual job growth has been better than the U.S. job growth for almost four years.

Admin
Wow!
That is really not a good sign.
Was there any previous indication this might be in the works.
I hate to see long term companies close, we lose so much information and technology history.

Do you know what the closing date is?

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net