cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long term Seasonal suggestions...

stroza99
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are in our 1st year being in a seasonal site. We have a Class A MH and love to travel but did not expect to like being seasonal as much as we are!! We were thinking of staying a few more seasons (maybe 3+?) but I know having a MH engine sitting for so long is not good. We even have thought of selling and getting a 5th wheel but we have nothing to tow it with and would still like a MH for travel in the future. Is there a way you can set up the engine for long periods of non use? The way we have to set up on the site makes it really hard to pack up and take it for a drive every few weeks so moving it at all is not an option. I can start it up and run it but cant pull it out.

Thanks!!!
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS

โ€œLife is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming... Holy Cow!! What a ride!โ€
3 REPLIES 3

stroza99
Explorer
Explorer
Laman wrote:
You have been reading the internet too much. You do not have to take your diesel engine out for a drive every few weeks for it to remain in good condition. Years of inactivity might be a problem but I can show you very high dollar farm equipment and irrigation wells that sit for months and sometimes a couple of years with no adverse effects. A few months at a time no problem.

Now your generator should be excercised at least monthly but that is not an engine issue but concerns the electrical portion itself.

Thanks, but, I forgot to mention, it's not a diesel engine.
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS

โ€œLife is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming... Holy Cow!! What a ride!โ€

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
You have been reading the internet too much. You do not have to take your diesel engine out for a drive every few weeks for it to remain in good condition. Years of inactivity might be a problem but I can show you very high dollar farm equipment and irrigation wells that sit for months and sometimes a couple of years with no adverse effects. A few months at a time no problem.

Now your generator should be excercised at least monthly but that is not an engine issue but concerns the electrical portion itself.
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
I don't worry about it. We are in our second year of "seasonal site storage" We enjoy going out tothe camground near every weekend, though not as much as travelling. Last year the limit of our travelling was 2 nascar weekends, track's about 20 miles from home. Today we are on our way on a business trip to kentucky, we'll be gone 6 days and cover maybe 800 miles total.

Coach is ready willing even eager to roll out everytime I twist the key.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog