cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

lost power to radios

catldog
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 Winnebago Journey and have lost power to both the radio in the bedroom and the radio in the basement compartment in the first compartment by the door,anyone ever have this problem ? cannot find a fuse jg
2001 Winnebago Journey DL 36 DP
7 REPLIES 7

catldog
Explorer
Explorer
I located the problem,both radios 3 amp glass fuses were blown.These fuses are located behind the units. Don't know why both would would blow at the same time,none of the other 12 volt systems seem to have any problems.Thanks again for the advice.jg

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Many motor homes have several fuse panels.. For example.. In my house there are 2 associated with the Chassis. The AUX panel (Feeds radio) is near the parking brake pedal, the MAIN (All sorts of things including two 30 amp "AUX" terminals that are not connected to anything but are two brass bolts under the panel) under the hood, an unmarked black box, top center.. I found it.. The day before I had to replace one of the fuses inside. Murphy it seems.. took the day off.

And the HOUSE panel.. in addition there are some scattered inline fuses and the power distribution panel I added myself (West Mountain Radio "Rig-Runner" strip. you know those handy 6 outlet strips for 120vac.. Well this one is a 40/12. 12 outlets. With Anderson Power Pole connectors.. Love those things, it feeds radios, (several) Fan, And other stuff. One of the Inline fuses feeds it, Oh, it feeds my Freezer (Engel chest freezer) too. Hooked to house)

I co not know where all the fuses are in your rig but Id guess from the fact the radios affected are basement and bedroom the fuse of interest is in the HOUSE fuse block.. NOTE: This assumes they are 12 volt radios.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

cbeierl
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram and Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagrams for your coach.

The rear radio harness is shown on page 9 of the Wiring Diagram. At location H-6 on the page you can see the 2-pin connector supplying power (YEL wire labelled JC) and ground (WHT wire labelled NC). This connects to the connector shown at location B-8 on page 5 of the diagram. Looking at page 5 of the Wiring Installation diagram you can see the wire labelled JC is connected to the 3rd 12V circuit breaker from the right in the top row, labelled LAMPS.

The exterior entertainment center harness is shown on page 8 of the Wiring Diagram. At location C-4 on the page you can see the 2-pin connector supplying power (YEL wire labelled JA) and ground (WHT wire labelled JP). This connects to the connector shown at location B-6 on page 4 of the diagram. Looking at page 5 of the Wiring Installation diagram you can see the JA is connected to the 2nd 12V circuit breaker from the right in the top row, labelled MONITOR/TV.

So the two radios are on separate circuit breakers.
Chris Beierl
2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Probably best to wait for someone with a 2001 Winnebago Journey to tell you where it is, cause as gsf35099 said, different coaches are all over place, and folks with different coaches are going to be telling you all sorts of places.

You could also check over at the Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum. You might get a quicker right answer there.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

catldog
Explorer
Explorer
There is a panel in the front on the outside but don't see any thing in there

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
Don't all these rigs have fuses all over the place? I know mine does. Front behind hood, side compartment below driver, fuses in bathroom area, etc. keep looking. It's there somewhere. Good luck.
2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!

metkccl
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a circuit breaker panel under the driver with outside door access?
Mine has a fuse panel in there too.