cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Air Buzzer Alarm-Pressure is normal

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
Fired up the Eagle this afternoon to take it for some exercise and do a thorough cleaning of the holding tanks.

Normally the Low Air buzzer and Idiot light will sound/illuminate until the system reaches 70 PSI, then they stop.

Not today, kept on buzzing and the light remained illuminated right up to the 130 PSI purge level for the front and rear tanks.

Talked to American Coach, no fuse to disable but they advised to check the connections to the guage itself to make sure all the connections were nice and tight.

Anyone else experienced this? Spartan MM Chassis with VDO guage if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any insight/experience with this type of issue.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS
3 REPLIES 3

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
OP here, opened up the dash and there are two very secure and not leaking air lines to the guage. No electrical connections, so I will be taking it into the shop as it is likely the situation Don described above.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Dave.....I know on some coaches, the electrical connection and the air tank can get corroded. You might try and locate the connectors and clean them.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

hughesjm21
Explorer
Explorer
I had a problem that was similar on a freightliner chassis. Turned out that the visual display computer had failed. May not help with the spartan.