cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low pressure at RV shower head. What is this?

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II
My first water test had a big dribble out of the shower head. I disconnected the hose at the faucet(?) And found this black stopper. Is it a water conserving device? Should I try to remove it?

I was thinking about getting a navy shower head with a button to allow water flow. Still don't want a constant dribble.

Thanks!

THANKS! Phil and LuAnn
1st timers, brought it home 2022-10-19.
1994 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye
M-T31-Ford-460, 1994 Ford E350
I may not know what I am doing, but I am having fun doing it!
7 REPLIES 7

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out the Oxygenics shower head. You won’t need the restrictor bc of the design of the Oxygenics with shutoff switch.

‘Oxygenics Body Spa’ is what we use.

When boondocking you’ll need to use the on/off switch to save water. Don’t forget you only have a 6 gal water heater. You don’t have an endless supply of HW at anytime, boondocking or not.

As far as i know, the design of this shower head has its own restrictor built into the design.

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
It is a water restrictor, cuts the water flow. Will work without it in place but you will have more water flowing. If you keep the grey water drain open won't matter.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ahhh, it does have a hole. Didn't see it because of the water puddle on top of it.

THANKS! Phil and LuAnn
1st timers, brought it home 2022-10-19.
1994 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye
M-T31-Ford-460, 1994 Ford E350
I may not know what I am doing, but I am having fun doing it!

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can’t see, but there should be a little hole for the water to come thru. You can make the hole a bit bigger.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
What happens when you turn on the faucet without the hose? If that is what your shower hose connected to, it appears to be a back flow preventive or some kind if water saver. If the water still only trickles with the hose off, remove it and see what happens. Those type of fittings can clog and stick due to debris and calcium buildup . Do you get good water flow elsewhere? If not look for whole house filters. If your low flow only happens with the on board pump and not when hooked up to domestic water hose, there is likely a clogged filter at the pump.

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
SCADAMAN29325 wrote:
My first water test had a big dribble out of the shower head. I disconnected the hose at the faucet(?) And found this black stopper. Is it a water conserving device? Should I try to remove it?

I was thinking about getting a navy shower head with a button to allow water flow. Still don't want a constant dribble.

Thanks!

Oops post sorry .

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had that conversation with everyone who camps with me. Its there so you don't drain your fresh water and fill your grey tank. Ours has a push button shut off on the head. In my previous RV I removed it and while it was nice to get more water in the stream, I had to empty the grey tank way more often. It also had a shut off. Not an issue at a RV park or home, but when boon docking it was a big detriment.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)