cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a corner queen bed?

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
I am a single person (and likely that will not change anytime soon), and looking at a "C" with a corner queen bed.

How hard are these to keep clean and fairly made? I have been thinking of some type of complete mattress cover, then the usual sheets, but have read good things about TravaSaks/RVSuperbags.
24 REPLIES 24

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
Not terrible. Throw fitted mattress cover and/or bottom sheet on top of bed, then climb up and do the head end corners while kneeling on the bed; climb off and do the inside corner, then the outside corner last while standing at the end of the bed. Throw top sheet, blankets and quilts loose on top.

At least that's how I've done it for 6 years of owning this floorplan.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
We had a corner bed in our first Travel Trailer (we didn't know any better)
We used it for two years and got rid of the trailer and bought one with a walk around bed.
I would not recommend a corner bed to anyone. Period.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
It's not easy, but no exercise program is! 🙂

Well you start at the foot of the bed reaching what you can. Then crawl on, spreading things out ahead of you as you go. If you can work on your hands and knees for a minute, you can do it. It actually is good for you, unless you have physical problems that prevent it.

Whenever I am tempted to complain about some inconvenience of our RV, I remind myself, "we could be sleeping in a tent".
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Had a corner bed in our first trailer. After a while, began to hate it. Then after the "beginning" was over, we just hated it. Sold the camper within 3 years of ownership. Never again.

No easy way to make the bed. Once you get a fitted sheet on the mattress, use a sleeping bag or if you use blankets, fold them up when done, spread them out after you get in bed.

Sleeping bags are great too, IF, you don't mind being extremely hot in them.

If you are single and sleeping alone, it won't be quite so challenging.

But ... we also hated the claustrophobic, closed-in feeling, like in a tomb after a while too. And no way to dangle our feet over end. Trailer got sold!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We use sleeping bags, with sheets inside, on our twin beds; easy to make up.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
We have a corner bed in our Phoenix Cruiser and find it well worth any hassle. There are only so many ways you can lay out a small motorhome and this arrangement simply allows for more room elsewhere.

Is it idea? No. Is crawling up a ladder to a bed less than 24 inches from the ceiling above the cab a better solution? Not for us. Is it better than a couch that makes into a bed, therefore requiring in most instances the stowing of the bedding daily and then flipping it out again to stretch out or take a nap? Not for us.

I just don't think for a single person a corner bed would be much of a hassle at all. For two people like us, one obviously has to crawl out over the other person to an extent for night to visits elsewhere. This is not as a big of a problem as some seem to suggest and it would a problem for a large person or an infirmed person.

We have had the couch conversion on another two rigs and find the corner bed works better for us. To each his own and his own style of traveling and comfort.

Paul
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Vet Man wrote:
I would never buy another one

Me, neither. A corner bed is a deal breaker for me.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Had one, not easy to make up, but doable. Made up bed normally, then used sleeping bag with a nice blanket over it for a bedspread effect. Didn't have to change the sheets that often. I saw something in CW, like the TravSak.

If all else was what I wanted, would not stop me from buying the unit.

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I would never buy another one
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Easiest thing is use a two sleeping bags zipped together, no making bed needed. Our setup is a Trav-Sac, don't think Trav Sacs are sold anymore.