cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mercedes Sprinter Service

mkstn1400
Explorer
Explorer
I am curious about getting a Sprinter MH serviced at a Mercedes facility. Do all Mercedes service MH's or only certain ones? Is there a long wait time to get service? Can oil changes be made a Quick Lub facilities?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

vjswhippet
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a Sprinter since 2008 and recently bought a sprinter motor home. My MB dealer that has taken care of my sprinter does the motor homes too. Even inspections. I love them!! They get me right in and out.
Vickie Smith
Kansas City area
2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Just like Ford dealerships, not all MB dealers will deal with a motorhome.

Regarding the oil change, the Sprinter requires oil that meets certain specs. DO NOT let anyone tell you it's OK to use an oil that doesn't meet these specs. A quick lube place can be a danger to a Sprinter. The oil filter is not a spin on canister type and if installed wrong, the engine can be destroyed. The filter is super easy to change IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. Alas, many of these oil change places do not. When I was working on cars at a VW/Porsche/Audi shop we saw more than a few quick lube place screw ups.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
We own a Mercedes Metris, which is just starting to be notified by upfitters, and for the commercial vans, MB has a separate division from the (luxury) cars. Not all MB dealers are Mercedes Commercial Van dealers, but you can search at their site mbvans.com
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
Not every Mercedes Dealer has service for Sprinters.

We've owned our Sprinter RV since 2014. We have had service in various areas in the US and in Canada.We have found a dealer within a reasonable distance of wherever we have been traveling.
happynow

Steve and Carol

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
I only found one Mercedes dealer in KC that can do service. Something to do with bays, training, etc, I was told.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Any Freightline dealer can service a MB Sprinter.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

mkstn1400
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
we,ve had ours since 2007, live in canton ohio ,have a sprinter service dealer 6miles away, been there for oil changes ,and had the brakes bled, one break down in the field ,caliper locked up , now has 40k on it, been to Arizona few times pulling a boat, you can get service at frieghtliner truck dealers too. love our sprinter would not go back to a class A, it sits on a dodge chassis so dodge truck dealers can do those repairs, ours is the last of the I 5 cyc diesels , there are sprinter clubs. stop by take it for a spin.

We are looking to purchase a Mercedes Sprinter. Looked at Ford but interior is not very nice. Dodge only has V6 gas engine.

Thanks

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
we,ve had ours since 2007, live in canton ohio ,have a sprinter service dealer 6miles away, been there for oil changes ,and had the brakes bled, one break down in the field ,caliper locked up , now has 40k on it, been to Arizona few times pulling a boat, you can get service at frieghtliner truck dealers too. love our sprinter would not go back to a class A, it sits on a dodge chassis so dodge truck dealers can do those repairs, ours is the last of the I 5 cyc diesels , there are sprinter clubs. stop by take it for a spin.