Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Minnie Winnie vs. Spirit

Ron_forrester
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening.

Iโ€™m looking to buy my first RV in the coming months.

Iโ€™m researching the Winnebago Class Cs right now and see two models called โ€˜Minnie Winnieโ€™ and another one called โ€˜Spiritโ€™. They look very similar. Are there differences?

Their brochures donโ€™t mention rear/side view cameras. Does anyone know if these models have them?

BTW, I have noticed that both have some safety features that I have not seen on some other similarly priced Cs; lane detection assist, adaptive cruise. Do Class Cs, in general, use blind spot monitoring

Ron
3 REPLIES 3

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
What size bed are you used to sleeping on ?
Some rvs say queen bed but often are not. Measure them if that matters to you. You might be buying a double bed when they call it a queen.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think the current Ford E series chassis has blind spot detectors/monitors; and I doubt many class C's have them, if any, since the width of the body on the chassis is somewhat variable and in any case not defined by the chassis maker for a cutaway chassis. Many do have secondary convex mirrors, or you can add stick-on round ones to the existing mirrors, and those will do a pretty good job of covering the blind spot if you are careful to check them before merging or changing lanes.

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
Remember that Class C RVs are built typically on Ford or Chevy chassis. Therefore options such as adaptive cruise control and lane departure assist are those offered by the chassis manufacturer and not by the builder of the motorhome body such as Winnebago.
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad