cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor home slide

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Newmar Canyon Star with the electric slides. The kitchen slide is hesitant. When you push the button the slide goes out a short distance and stops, push it again and it will move again. Sometimes we have to do that about three times. Oh yes, the washing machine won't start. Washer and dryer on same circuit and dryer works fine.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
7 REPLIES 7

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
As they say on football replay, "Upon further review", I must report that the adjustment screw rotation is opposite of what I thought it would be. I kept a faulty controller that had been replaced, so in case I ever needed to replace another controller I would have the info.
I just looked at a tiny diagram on the case beside the screw and it illustrates turning the screw counterclockwise increases the amps.
I know now that I actually decreased the amps! I hate when I confuse myself.
Anyway, my slide-out is working.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna......I have 4 slides on my Newmar Ventana. Newmar has their own slide-out mechanisms. They used motor controllers 10A - 35A #00-00971-100 made by Intellitec, one controller per slide.
The OP has a Newmar, that's why I responded.
2013 Chevy Equinox

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
purplekeenah wrote:
On the controller there is a very small adjustment screw on the lower left corner. You can use a very small screwdriver to turn the screw in a clockwise direction.
Be careful not to move it too much!
I had a similar problem just recently where as the motor would just hum when I tried to open the slide, I may have moved the screw a half minute on a 60 minute clock to allow the slide to operate. If your adjustment is too much, you could destroy the motor or other components of the drive unit, so, proceed with caution. .

What brand slide is this?
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I have always had National motor homes before, wish they still built them. I liked the hydraulic slides much better.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
On the controller there is a very small adjustment screw on the lower left corner. You can use a very small screwdriver to turn the screw in a clockwise direction.
Be careful not to move it too much!
I had a similar problem just recently where as the motor would just hum when I tried to open the slide, I may have moved the screw a half minute on a 60 minute clock to allow the slide to operate. If your adjustment is too much, you could destroy the motor or other components of the drive unit, so, proceed with caution. .
2013 Chevy Equinox

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On the slide controller there is an adjustment.. How to adjust it I can not tell you but.. Mine works the same way.. I just live with it for the cost of finding the (@#*$#@! Controller exceeds as they say.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
I would check house battery's one my be on week side
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide