cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorhome Windshield Replacement Business

BeachBound4Me
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for any good leads to find a trusted business to replace our "popping" windshields. We own a used 2000 Country Coach Magna with dual windshields. Does anyone know of a great mobile service in the Ft. Worth, TX area? Thanks!!
11 REPLIES 11

ILVMYGT
Explorer
Explorer
Call RV Glass Solutions to see if they have anyone in the area. They did several window repairs including resealing the windshield on my Magna.
2000 Country Coach Magna
CAT 385HP Allison 6sp
1998 Saturn SW2

hooligan
Explorer
Explorer
Last year, I had a chip in the windshield repaired by Safelite while visiting in SC. Young tech did not do a very good job, seemed inexperienced. Chip still very obvious, reply was "main concern is preventing further damage not appearance".
Insurance (Flo) offered to replace windshield but I elected not to. Still an option in the future or if chip spreads.
Hooligan U.S. Coast Guard Ret.
2016 THOR Siesta Sprinter 24ST Diesel
2008 SUZUKI Grand Vitara TOAD
1 Pug "Lily", 1 Newfoundland, "George"
1972 MotoGuzzi Eldorado

RodLyle
Explorer
Explorer
Autoglass did mine and was great

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
My coach was in a glass business called Novus last month to fix a rock ding on my windshield. While I was there they were doing a popped out windshield on a Pace Arrow. I don't know if you have Novus in your State? My glass service was done with no charge. My insurance company took care of it.

gb76087
Explorer
Explorer
I had mine done while insured with Progressive. They used someone out of Arlington. I can't get access to my receipts but maybe if you called Progressives' glass repair phone number, they can provide you with their name and number. Very professional and they were good,too.
2007 Fleeteood TERRA LX 34N
F53, 362hp V10

Robh242
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so how about an update?

We had similar problems with the driver side windshield popping on the upper left corner. We found a great guy here locally in Lakeville NY who works on RVs. He showed us what was causing our problem. He took a very large framing straight edge and put it on the outside of the drivers door (Damon Intruder 38' motor home). It was out of square by over 5 inches, then checked the passenger side, again about 5 inches out of square.

They fix it by applying torque to the RV using the RVs leveling jacks. They bring it as close to square as they can. Then they clean up the seals and fiberglass and use sealant and put it all back together.

It has been several months and around 1000 miles or so and still in good shape. We have been all over upstate NY and have stressed the RV in the process but it is still holding together well.

There is hope.

BeachBound4Me
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a Newby for sure! So my terms may not be right. By saying "popping" I mean the window is pulling away from the gaskets and causing a air gap around the windshields. The windshields are in perfect condition. The term "Resetting" is the better term. Thanks again on all the fast responses! I've got an appointment tomorrow w/ a local glass company (Binswanger Glass Company) and I will remember the great advice! Thanks!!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I work in insurance, many of the glass shops that replaced windshields on cars also worked on motorhomes. Many are nationwide. You might try getting a recommendation from your insurance company. Glass Doctor was one in particular that was highly recommended because of their strict standards for handling of the glass and the proper installation of glass. Anyone who does this for you should be wearing blue gloves to keep skin oils off the glass so that there is no compromise of the adhesives/seals used.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
How are they "popping"?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

BeachBound4Me
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for answering back so quickly! I'll check them out...and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again!

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know nothing about this place but maybe they can help you. Windshield service