cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Help w Winn System Fuel/Water Separator

DonBaja
Explorer
Explorer
My Winn System fuel filter/water separator, re-priming system had to be tinkered with to get the 1996 Monaco 8.3L started in Flagstaff on a cold morning, yesterday. Looking at replacements I see the RK 12963 Integrated Replacement Kit and the Parker 745R both appear to be workable. I plan to do the replacement job myself and was wondering if anyone here has been through this and would like to recommend one or the other. A hand operated repriming filter pump, like I have on my diesel boat, would also be possible as I use the motorhome infrequently and donโ€™t have to change fuel filters that often. Thanks for any insights.

Pete Miller
2 REPLIES 2

DonBaja
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the insight, Jamboree. The on-line ad for the RK 12963 shows what appears to be a whole new unit. I did not realize that the
actual reprime mechanism is not included.

Jamboree89
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the RK12963 retrofit kit on my Winn filter separator several years ago on my 1998 Monaco Dynasty 8.3L. The kit modifies the existing 90S1230C assembly by using a new Racor S3230P filter element, adding a new metal bowl on the bottom of the new filter, and adds a new high quality water probe which threads into the metal bowl. It took me about 1 hour to do the complete retrofit myself. It keeps your existing reprime assembly. I've been happy with it. I've found the Fleetguard FS19592 filter element as a replacement for the Racor S3230P, as its easier to find and cheaper.
1998 Monaco Dynasty
Scion Xb
Collin and Alfie the dogs