cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Here and Waving.

ziplock
Explorer
Explorer
Most interested in camping on the EAST Coast right now, till we retire.

All this is NEW and EXCITING.

Just Hubby and me. No pets.
17 REPLIES 17

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome from my wife and I.. We have been RVing in one form or other from 1959. Hope you have a chance to see as much as we have and then some..
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

ziplock
Explorer
Explorer
Wow!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Haven't figured out how to reply to each individual post here. So let me try it this way:
PghBob wrote:

Do you expect to be using your RV over this winter?

No, we have winterized, and are waiting for spring to play some more.

Hmm, that might not work.

I would like to acknowledge each response without creating a scary post! I'll study this!

In the meantime, Thanks for hitting us up, and I look forward to learning from everyone.

j-d wrote:
Welcome and thanks for the Wave! I agree with all the above, and wanted to tell you that "waving" tickled me.

I wave! hhahahaha

If you have any quoting tips, I need help.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Folks can offer some suggestions at to campgrounds, etc, with a little info on your interest. Historical? Natural beauty or scenic areas? Hiking? Campground as a destination?

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum and to Rv'ing!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
ziplock wrote:

All this is NEW and EXCITING.

And that's why being able to move our retirement home from new place to new place is always "new and exciting"! Welcome to the RV lifestyle.

As my wife constantly reminds me, don't wish time away until you can retire but rather, enjoy each journey along the path. Many unfortunately never make it to retirement.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome and thanks for the Wave! I agree with all the above, and wanted to tell you that "waving" tickled me.

On the road, I wave. I wave mostly at three groups: Truckers, Police, RVers. That's if I'm in RV --or-- Car. The response of a wave back is in the same order: Truckers, Police, RVers.

Maybe we can be a little more road-friendly. Maybe I need to keep both hands on the wheel. Working on that.

Again, WELCOME!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I saw the title and thought it said "New here and waxing". Thought this could go one of two ways.... yes I need to take my time when scanning forums!

Welcome - and waving is okay ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome.

People on this forum bark a little but very few of them bite. A lot of interesting things can be learned

Enjoy the adventure

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife and I welcome you. This is our 3rd year RVing and throughly enjoy it. The information offered on this forum has allowed us to visit places and see sights we never knew existed. Great folks here.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome....

Betting this forum will become one of your top go-to places for answers, etc. It sure has for me. Lotsa great folks with good suggestions.

Enjoy your travels!

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome! We are originally from MD and began with mostly East Coast travel.
One trip west before retirement and we were hooked. We retired in February 2015 and have travelled 58,000 miles in the US and Canada.

Our travel has been very sucessful, in part due to the many folks on this Forum. Reading "old" posts from those sharing (sometimes hard earned) information pertinent to our type of rig saved us troubles by thier experiences and suggestions. Searching the various subjects provides many tips to how to best enjoy travel your way. All of this information and new posts have been very helpful to us " newbies". We are grateful!

Enjoy your travels!
happynow

Steve and Carol

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We've been up and down the east coast now for years and never get bored. Now that my wife has retired, well venture put on some longer trips.

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
We like Shad Landing close to Pocomoke, MD. The Acorn loop allows pets.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
RVing is fun, expensive, soul re-enhancing, expensive, and best enjoyed shared with those you meet.
yes you will "encounter" noisy neighbors, bad roads, poor GPS performance, campgrounds that are a..eh..little down in the dumps - but you see a beautiful country, meet mostly nice people, of course you have to get the "parking at walmart is not camping" speech, but "here" can be fun too.
BTW, did I mention RVing is expensive?
RVing since '74..