cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Nexus Phantom 25P With Walk-Around Bed

S_K_
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone seen this new Nexus model at the Hersey Show?

Looks like a very attractive unit - less than 25 ft but with a walk-around bed and a full wall slide.

However, couldn't figure out how the bed actually works as it appears from the floor plan on their website that the length of the mattress is longer than the space available when the slide is in. Does anyone know whether it uses a two-piece mattress like a number of other small Cs such as the Navion 24G or that the mattress is stored in a upright position?
2010 Jayco Eagle SuperLite 298RLS
2010 Silverado 2500HD LT, Duramax, CCSB, 4x4
ProPride 3P-1000
2016 Winnebago ERA 70A
41 REPLIES 41

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
John M wrote:
Snowman9000 wrote:
And if there is no gas oven, it will be a microwave/convection oven.

Don't assume that. Our Leprechaun had no gas oven and only a microwave.

The same with my Itasca.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

John_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
John M wrote:
Snowman9000 wrote:

I'm surprised at that. Wow.

Yeah, we were too. We had them swap it out for a convection/microwave as part of the deal.
John and Susan
2018 Winnebago Vista 26HE
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
John M wrote:
Snowman9000 wrote:

I'm surprised at that. Wow.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

John_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:

John and Susan
2018 Winnebago Vista 26HE
Jeep Wrangler Toad

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer

ronfisherman
Heish wrote:
I didn't notice a microwave or oven. Not that I have ever used the oven...but microwave is a must. am I just not seeing it?

If you look just below range in Snowman's picture you will see "Micro". I believe it is mounted above range.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Heish
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't notice a microwave or oven. Not that I have ever used the oven...but microwave is a must. am I just not seeing it?

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
hotbyte wrote:
Sunseeker 2250 looks pretty nice. Wonder if there is a sofa option in place of dinette. Also, would be nice if offered in a B+ style. I see Chevy floorplan way down at bottom of the floorplans page.

The dinette is very basic, with nothing under the benches. It would be simple to put a sofa in.

gerrym51
Explorer
Explorer
hotbyte wrote:
Sunseeker 2250 looks pretty nice. Wonder if there is a sofa option in place of dinette. Also, would be nice if offered in a B+ style. I see Chevy floorplan way down at bottom of the floorplans page.

sunseeker will put a couch in any standard dinette plan if ordered.

it has to be ordered special though.i learned this on forest river forum

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
We just looked at a new Sunseeker 2250. 23 footer with a walkaround, slideout, segmented queen bed similar to the Nexus in the OP. The mattress is memory foam, and quite firm. I'd probably be okay with it. It uses an angled joint between the two pieces. I feel the joint is not in a good place though, and the tip of the angle stuck up in the air a bit. But I'd have to play with it and I bet I could make it work. It was on a Chevy 4500 chassis, but only a Ford version is on the Sunseeker website.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/ClassCMotorhomes/Sunseeker/default.aspx?model=sunl&page=floorplandetai...

puttd
Explorer
Explorer
I saw it at hershey. It was a very nice unit. I would suspect most folks would take issue with the lack of support onthe mattress.

Ductape_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
There is no perfect motorhome but compromise. To have a walk around queen bed in a 25' is a dream come true for people who don't want to drive a larger unit. You have to figure out with all the different floor plans what works best for you and what you can live with. If you need to take a nap and can't put the slide out then the over cab bunk may suffice. I have a Nexus 24P and love the floor plan. Nexus is a great company to work with and is always coming up with new ideas to give the customer what they want instead of worrying about profit margins. What other company would respond that quick?
2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5

gocntry
Explorer
Explorer
Got the reply this morning:

This is from Karen @ Nexus Rv

"Attached are pictures of the storage. The 25P has 22 cu. ft. of storage. Back storage compartment is pass thru at the top.
Regarding the solar panels, we will install solar panels. Because of the many different solar panel set up, we ask the client send us the kit and we will install. You can get 2-4 panels on top depending on the size, everybody is different. Don't want to deflect the question but hard to answer without knowing the exact brand and set up you want.

Hope this answers your questions"

So they will install a solar system you choose yourself.

Here are the pics: Same storage bay just a close up and one farther away

Picture 1

Picture 2