cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New old ride

jeepman71
Explorer
Explorer
My better half and I went to a fiver about seven years ago. Got the itch recently to go back to a motorbike. We found a very well loved 2003 Tiffin Paeton 40GH and made the jump. I would be glad to hear any suggestions for this vehicle as we as suggestions for a toad.
14 REPLIES 14

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Executive wrote:

My wife went shopping the other day for a new outfit. She texted me a picture and asked me if it made her look fat!

I was happily divorced for many years. One thing I learned about shopping for women's clothes. Unless you are sure make sure it's to big across the chest, and too small across the but.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
jeepman71 wrote:
:S Thatโ€™s egg on my face. Proof the smart phone shouldnโ€™t be trusted.

My wife went shopping the other day for a new outfit. She texted me a picture and asked me if it made her look fat!

I texted back...Noooo!

My phone 'corrected' it to Moo!

I'm in deep doo doo right now...look at the phone before pushing send....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

jeepman71
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. We pulled the plug on the Phaeton purchase. We thought we had a fair deal going but upon further research found that things were just not a good fit. We will decide in the next few weeks to continue on our search or stick with the fifth wheel and truck.

Charley67
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a Honda CRV. I see a lot of them being towed.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
We use a SUV and did not put it in 4X4 all summer out West and we were on some interesting FS roads...821 from Silverton CO to Telluride in particular. Most Jeeps are not as comfortable as a SUV but they look cool behind a MH.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

jeepman71
Explorer
Explorer
That handle is about 25 years old. My Jeep days are behind me. I finally learned it is one of those expensive hobbies..... kind of like RVs. I have been looking at a 2015 Renegade. Anyone useing one of these?

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
That's...a rather unusually large motorbike!

Congratulations on the new RV! Hope it works out well for you. In terms of a toad, I would suggest giving some thought to what sorts of things you'd use the toad for. Many probably would suggest a Jeep, for example, but if you have no interest in going off road or on rough back roads it may not be the best option for you as the on-road handling is necessarily compromised to a greater or lesser degree when compared with many other vehicles.

With a handle of โ€Jeepman71โ€ poster must be familiar with the ride.
We just towed our Jeep Liberty out west and found it to be a great choice
Easy to set up for towing.
We are not big off-roaders but did enjoy riding fire lanes and other lesser used roads,
some of which suggested 4x4 and high ground clearance for watching wildlife.
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
LOL.. .I call mine "smarter-than-me phone"

Congratulations on your Phaeton... Those I know who have them, love them.

I used a Fiat, manual transmission for a toad. A friend uses a KIA Soul, manual transmission for a toad.

jeepman71
Explorer
Explorer
:S Thatโ€™s egg on my face. Proof the smart phone shouldnโ€™t be trusted.

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
jeepman71 wrote:
My better half and I went to a fiver about seven years ago. Got the itch recently to go back to a motorbike. We found a very well loved 2003 Tiffin Paeton 40GH and made the jump. I would be glad to hear any suggestions for this vehicle as we as suggestions for a toad.

jeepman71
Explorer
Explorer
:hSome things never change, I was not aware that โ€œrideโ€ is specific to motorcycle. My bad itโ€™s not a new old ride itโ€™s a new old motorbike.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps he meant motorbike and plans to put it on the back of the motorhome, either towed in a trailer or on a platform attached to the motorhome. If that is the case, his motorbike is his toad!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:

We're not here to judge other members. If he wants to call his Tiffin a motorbike, then it's a motorbike. ๐Ÿ™‚

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer

Congratulations on the new RV! Hope it works out well for you. In terms of a toad, I would suggest giving some thought to what sorts of things you'd use the toad for. Many probably would suggest a Jeep, for example, but if you have no interest in going off road or on rough back roads it may not be the best option for you as the on-road handling is necessarily compromised to a greater or lesser degree when compared with many other vehicles.