cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

% of Discount off Sales Price

Card35
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure this has been asked before, but locating the specific Post is most difficult, so here goes again:
I am looking for a used Class C, and have located several I am interested in. Am wondering if the 25% to 30% off sales price applies to used Motorhomes, as it does to 5rth wheels and TT.
Thanks for any info
AF Ret & Enjoyin
2005 Cardinal 33TS/LX
2005 GMC 3500CC Dually 8.1/Allison
RDS 51g Fuel/ToolBox Combo
3 REPLIES 3

mm047
Explorer
Explorer
Talk to a bank or credit union about the model you are interested in. They have the real NADA numbers, not the ones we get off the web. Whatever they say they will let a person with good credit borrow against that RV is the number you want to get it at.
Mike M.

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6
2016 Flagstaff 21FBRS
Equal-I-Zer

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
When i began the search for my Class C I found the models I liked,I went on NADA and other sites and got a ballpark figure of what the coach was worth. I continued my search

for all coaches nationwide similar to the one I was interested and compared prices. After a bit you see they all start to be within a certain price range. Then you look at options,

etc. The coach I wanted was a private sale and in Minnesota, I live in Ca. Off we went. Well worth it.

I did find a document that showed the depreciation percentages per year on RV's but it all depends on condition. A unit well documented as far as service records, repairs etc

for me is worth more than something on a dealer lot that may have been repoed and neglected.

If i remember correctly 30% off list price to the original buyer isn't unheard of, maybe even more, but after that it depreciates at a smaller amount over a

certain number of years.

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you will find that big of discount on a used Class C; and it depends if it's being offered by a private party or a dealer. Making a low ball offer (25-30% off) to a private party will probably be taken as an insult unless it's been for sale for a long,long period. A dealer might bite, but you'd need to check the quality of what's being sold if they go for such a discount. I always figure a person should offer what is fair.