cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

oil leak

aintnothin
Explorer
Explorer
Climbed under the mh today to check on putting a propane line for my bbq and seen a oil leak. I snap some pics, cause I don't know what the unit is that has the leak, can someone give me some info?
It's a 2001 damon ultrasport, cummings 275 hp, class A. Can't upload a pic for some reason.
Giddy Up!
13 REPLIES 13

aintnothin
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE: I decided not to take it i nto t!he dealer. Couldn't see paying them $270 to tell me what I told them.. found the plug/cap at Jack's Repair in NY. $30 shipped, Mobile mechanic came out and confirmed that's where the leak was and installed new one for $80. I'm happy! Waited to make sure the leak was gone
Giddy Up!

aintnothin
Explorer
Explorer
Have an appointment next week to get it fixed. Might as well let Cummings do it under the extended warranty.
Giddy Up!

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Travelr wrote:
Could be the hydraulic pump for the slides. Doesn't look like hydraulic fluid on it though. More like engine oil. Hydraulic is the same color as trans fluid or close to it.

Sorry, never heard of an engine-driven hydraulic pump that powered the slides. Power Steering-- yes. Side radiator fan-- yes. Brake boost on some hydraulic brake system coaches-- yes.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

aintnothin
Explorer
Explorer
Found a cummings service & repair 20min from here and showed them the pic. Air compressor. Got get the engine serial# and call them, they said it was installed by coach manufacturer, but with that # they can give me the make and if can be serviced or not, (replaced).
Giddy Up!

Travelr
Explorer
Explorer
Could be the hydraulic pump for the slides. Doesn't look like hydraulic fluid on it though. More like engine oil. Hydraulic is the same color as trans fluid or close to it.
Ken Cash

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's hard to tell in the picture, but it looks like the air compressor pump that feeds your air bags and brakes. If so, it is lubricated with oil.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

aintnothin
Explorer
Explorer
I'll get out there once it warms up. If you look at the left side of the pic there's the radiator and fan blade. This pic is from under the mh and this unit is on the passenger side.

Giddy Up!

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you photograph a few things around it?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

aintnothin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Hershey!

Giddy Up!

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Kind of a "how high is up?" question.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Use This to upload pic
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
First off you need to resolve your inability to upload a pic. Then a pic would go a long way in attempting to determine origin of the leak.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
aintnothin wrote:
Climbed under the mh today to check on putting a propane line for my bbq and seen a oil leak. I snap some pics, cause I don't know what the unit is that has the leak, can someone give me some info?
It's a 2001 damon ultrasport, cummings 275 hp, class A. Can't upload a pic for some reason.

Well Sir.
We'll need a bit more info for even a close answer. You need to tell us where the oil leak is in relation to the chassis. Is it close to the engine, possibly the air dryer is spitting some out but, they usually don't, maybe a slobber tube, (if yours has one that is non-capsuled), maybe near a wheel, indicating a wheel/axle seal, etc. See what I mean? If you don't get your pics working, we'll need a pretty good locale of where, on the chassis this might be coming from.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND