cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Shower

Black95
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know a supplier for an outside shower like this? I think it might be a nice addition to my conversion van. It looks like it folds up and down against the side of the van.
9 REPLIES 9

Black95
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your replies, especially DutchmenSport for your suggestion that it was Australian. They encouraged me to do some more digging and I found it. It is called the "pop up shower cubicle" option on the Australian made Trayon Campers. Don't know if I will be able to find a supplier, but at least I know where it came from. And with downtheroad's and DutchmenSport's suggestions, I might just tackle the project of making one.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the OP's photo again, that tent camper trailer looks like something that would used in the outbacks of Australia, you know, one of those rugged off-road campers. If this is the case, then most likely it was custom built and attached to the side of the camper. Looking closer, you can see it's actually attached. Looks like it's got a spring loaded gas filled arm, and looks like the shower curtain may just fold up under the roof, the roof folds down on the side, probably has a snap catch of some type to keep it from flipping open when traveling.

If this be the case, this one was probably custom make. If so, one could be fabricated pretty simple with just a shower curtain and small shower basin, or low flat tub for the roof. Looking at it more with the suggestions above, it looks either home-made or custom made and attached to the camper. You may never find another one like it.

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
The picture shows it lining up with the top of a popup trailer. That would not be tall enough for a person to stand up in! Maybe for a child, but not an adult.

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
While all of these answers thus far give examples of outside showers (and I have the Texport type and it is great) NONE of these answer the OP's question. The one he shows certainly appears to be a kit that attaches to the outside of the trailer and folds up as a unit. Downtheroad's response has probably come closest.

To answer the OP's question - I've never seen onr like the one you posted before. It certainly looks interesting. I hope you someone here on the forum actually has a real answer for you.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
You will also need one of these

Portable Shower Deck

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here you go........Link

Or: make your own with PVC and a shower curtain.

Buy 2 boat station mounts are screwed to the exterior wall, which allows pipe and shower curtain to be attached to it creating a quick and easy outdoor shower.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did a GOOGLE SEARCH and came up with several hits...

camping outside shower

Mouse click on the one that catches your fancy for more info

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
oops
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS