cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ozarks in August

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Any advice, tips must see places for an August trip. Any idea of the temps?
8 REPLIES 8

Ark235B
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest Minnesota in August and the Ozarks in October. ๐Ÿ™‚

Branson is a good choice.

Justin
Justin Holder
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab SWB "600" Cummins
2010 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 270RKS Fifth Wheel
PPSEL

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
After some thought I think we'll head to the N.C. mountains.

russkerri
Explorer
Explorer
Bentonville, AR, is our favorite. It's the home of the amazing Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, which is more spectacularly than you would imagine an art museum in Arkansas being. It's a cute little town, plus there are a lot of great outdoor activities.
Kerri
RVs with a Jayco 184BH named Birdy
Blogs at Travels with Birdy

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Temps in the Ozarks in August will probably be hotter than you have in Pensacola, Florida. ๐Ÿ™‚ The humidity is awful and many times no breezes and you'll have mosquitoes. Other than that, it's a nice place! We grew up there.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

mountainsam
Explorer
Explorer
The lakes in Arkansas are worth visiting. Lots of camp grounds and great places to rent boats. If you head to Springfield try Lamberts restaurant for dinner. Take your appitite with you. Great food and lots of it.
2017 Thor Gemini 23TR w/ 3.2 Power Stroke turbo diesel
2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed 4X4 6 Speed Auto (sold)
2013 Rockwood Signature 8281 WS w/Sidewinder Pin (sold)
DW and Sofie our Black Lab /Boxer and Phoebe our Schnoodle

Bowfreak
Explorer
Explorer
Temps will be more likely in the 90's with high humidity so be ready to sweat. Branson would be a good place to start. If you like outdoor stores then hit Bass Pro in Springfield if you have never been there before. If you are a bowhunter hit me up as we have a very nice shop between Springfield and Joplin.

Squealers
Explorer
Explorer
Eureka Springs Arkansas, Bentonville has the Crystal Bridges Museum which is a must see, as well as the Walmart museum along with a whole host of options. Agree with Branson as well. Temps will be HOT, in the 90's with high humidity.
2006 Four Winds Hurricane 34N
2014 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Toad

USAF Veteran. 75-81 SAC "Giant Talk" ATC-
Combat Crew Communications

Squealers = Steelers & Arkansas Razorbacks Fan

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
Branson, MO. Silver Dollar City.

There's more stuff to do in and around Branson than you'll have time for. I can't even begin to tell you all that's there. You'll just have to google it, you'll understand then.:D

Temps probably will hover in the 80's.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member