Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parking brake not staying engaged on Winnebago vista

jlrmfc21
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

So just completed our first LONG trip (for us) in our 2013 Winnebago vista 35b.

As I left the campground this morning and pulled up in the same town for gas, I pushed down on the parking brake and it wouldn’t stay down, but it does work. Worked fine the entire trip until today, thank god!

Any idea how I can fix this?

The light shows up and the parking brake works but it won’t stay down and engaged.

Thanks!!!!
5 REPLIES 5

jlrmfc21
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Sounds like the release handle is stuck. Try pushing it in me see if it holds.

You are exactly right!!!! I pushed in the release handle and the brake stayed depressed!

Wd40 didn’t work but I figured out that the spring had come to far forward and wouldn’t let the release handle release all the way back;therefore the brake wouldn’t stay down. I pushed the spring that was on the release handle rod back in its place and now it all works as it should!

Thanks so much for the tips! Man I love this network here!
Justin

jlrmfc21
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the recommendations. So spray the ratchet assembly?

The release doesn’t seem stuck as it moves back and forth but maybe it’s not actually moving the assembly piece.?.?
Thanks!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the release handle is stuck. Try pushing it in me see if it holds.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
allbrandauto wrote:
at the emergency brake pedal is a ratchet can stick take wd40 and spray it down move release handle back and forth see if this works

Better, use a dry silicone lubricant. WD40 isn't a lubricant and as it dries it gets sticky and collects 'stuff'.

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
at the emergency brake pedal is a ratchet can stick take wd40 and spray it down move release handle back and forth see if this works