Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parting with my faithful Class C after 16 wonderful years

KangaBunnyRoux
Explorer
Explorer
Well,
my 1985 Jamboree Ralley finally closed her eyes for the final nap. 36 years old, bought in 2004, as third owner. First had her from manufacturer to 2003, next owner had for a year, decided he wanted a boat. I reckon RVs didn't break fast enough for him.

Cause of death you ask? A large oak tree falling from waterlogged ground in Virginia. Landed right on the bed over cab, blew out the floor of the bed over part. Assumption is it broke up framing on roof. Cost to fix? $7,900 in visible damage, $1500 in unseen damage likely, Possibly impinged the frame of the van chassis.

Insurance paid off handsomely as we remodeled, updated, new stove, materials, new awning...full of propane, AC and heat worked furnace worked...everything was cherry.

Just sad. Hard to part with the old gal. Raised my daughter from the age of 3 going camping in her. May she rest in peace.
3 REPLIES 3

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Sad news, but a very good thing that no one was in the upper cab bunk when the tree came down. It sounds like you took very good care of your rig. Maybe an opportunity to start a project?
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Please post a picture of the old girl in her heyday.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Sorry to learn of your loss. I gather no one was injured, which is a blessing. I know the old gal will be missed, and I hope you can find another rig at least as suitable for your needs.