cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parts for Kwikee Steps

JTOWNZEN
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1988 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite, the step motor and gearbox are missing. I have photos of a motor and gearbox that
are similar to those off my motor home.
I would appreciate help in locating replacement parts.
13 REPLIES 13

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
JTOWNZEN wrote:
I have a 1988 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite, the step motor and gearbox are missing. I have photos of a motor and gearbox that

Take some pics of a coach like yours and then for matching it all up on Amazon. Pics are worth a thousand words and better than part nos i this case. Also for getting a power window motor, which is the exact same thing, but for whatever reason, they cost less.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Did you try Colaw for a good used step setup?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

JTOWNZEN
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies, a new set of series 32 steps seems to be the ones I need. I Will continue to search for them.
Thanks again, I will reply in a post when I finish the installing them.
Jim

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Why not check with Kwikee https://support.lci1.com/kwikee-steps

If you call them they'll help you figure it out.
-jbh-

Jennifer_Koper
Explorer
Explorer
Till now for suck kind of parts item i feel good with amazon. due to to the few specific reason like product variation, good quality and competitive price etc.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Try this identification worksheet

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Measure step width, and number of steps. If you call Colaw with that information along with coach information they can and will help.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

JTOWNZEN
Explorer
Explorer
No, the labels are missing as will.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would try these people and get a complete step assembly. They have some that are like new. Colaw

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
JTOWNZEN wrote:

Amazon and E-bay are good.. Vizone RV is a junk yard and will have 'em.

Now.. one thing you need to know.. Is the controller there? it is a black box it may be a Rectangular box (like a pack of cards) or it may look almost triangular. They will likely ask you about that.

If the controller is missing then look for a magnet on the latch side of the screen door. Look in the molding where the thing goes for a small magnetic switch And note the color. they will need that too.

WHY? There are two controllers. one when the door is open the switch is open The other when the door is closed the switch is closed.

The shape of the controller and the color of the switch. Indicates which you have and no. I'm not 100% sure which is which so I won't say .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Figure out what stair series and drive type you have. If it's a two step stair on a Class A, it's probably a series 32. Being an older stair (pre 2000) you may already have an updated controller/motor/gearbox (if someone previously upgraded it) if its original, you may not. I don't believe you can still buy new older series parts and you generally can't mix older generation parts with upgraded parts. You'll probably need to upgrade your controller and gearbox on your older series 32 stairs. There is an upgrade kit available. If your stairs are rusted/worn/bent and the gearbox/controller missing, it may be better to just buy a whole new stair assembly, install it and start fresh.

Google is your friend. Parts are available in all the popular locations. (Amazon, Ebay, online RV parts dealers) Get the parts and drawing diagrams and confirm which stairs you have before ordering anything. There are several different drive/gearbox/linkage assemblies.

Google: "Kwikee Stair Step Parts"

Chum lee

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
If you have to go an RV dealer for parts, it will be costly. Suggest you try an RV salvage yard like Colaw in Carthage, MO. There are a few others that may be closer to you. The motors for Ford power windows are available from Autozone or Rock Auto. Are there any labels on what's left telling us the series of the step?
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I purchase my parts on Amazon or Ebay - but if your new and aren't sure of the parts you might consider visiting camping World or other RV parts dealer and discuss the issue ... might cost you a little more but you will get the assurance of find the right part.
Kevin