cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Dometic fridge

Albert21
Explorer
Explorer
Need some help getting the problem with the fridge figured out.
What I can tell you.
Model RM2607 installed in 2002.
Panel lights come on.
DC volts to the unit 12.87
120 power to unit.
Fuses are good 3amp, 5amp
Won't start on propane or AC
Nothing from the ignitor when set to propane.
Will work on propane if I light it manually but shuts down ounce cold and won't relight
Any ideas as to what to check for would be greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

Albert21
Explorer
Explorer
OK almost 100% for the control board, I'll order a new one tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Lobstah
Explorer
Explorer
I rv wrote:
just before you jump to board on mine it was flame sensor which is incorperated in the igniter,its purpose is to shut off gas with no flame or heat when you lite with aim and flame it has the flame but once it shuts off will not re lite.not nearly as much $ as board and easy to install. good luck.

This does not address the fact that the fridge doesn't work on AC either...

Jim
2005 Pace Arrow 36D
Very Understanding Wife
1 Boxer 😞
3 Maine Coon cats

I_rv
Explorer
Explorer
just before you jump to board on mine it was flame sensor which is incorperated in the igniter,its purpose is to shut off gas with no flame or heat when you lite with aim and flame it has the flame but once it shuts off will not re lite.not nearly as much $ as board and easy to install. good luck.

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
I'll second the DINOSAUR Boards. Put one in my Dometic NDR 1292 and it works flawlessly.
Larry, Debbie & Max the Pug
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual transmission

alid
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it could be a faulty board.. but
unplug and plug back in all of the connections on the board.. These connections can get a little bit of corrosion on them and then it will work erratically. This has happened to me more than once. Just unplugging the board and plugging back in fixed the problem.
2009 Winnebago Adventure 32h
2006 Terry Quantum 330FKDS (beach getaway)
2003 Aprilia Atlantic 500
2007 Honda Reflex
2 house rabbits "George and MiMi"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yup, Ill join the chorus.. Recommendation is a DINOSAUR Boards replacement. You may have to order it, American RV in California carries them, last time I checked a good price and prompt shipment.

Thy supplied my Furnace control board

When I replaced the furnace board one thing seriously impressed me.. The QUALITY of the Dino board.. It is very well built here in the USA. Even the design was better.. I think I know what killed my Furnace board.. It appears they agree because they protect against just that happening. (I won't say what).

Very well constructed. Don't forget to get the cover for it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
That's the control board for sure. I put two of those in a Domectic in a 99 Lance. Finally figured out the microwave and fridge didn't like each other. Had to leave microwave unplugged. To use microwave had to turn fridge off. Finally replaced microwave. But all your symptoms are the control panel.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like my last Dometic. I bought a new board and had a new refrigerator.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

btd35
Explorer
Explorer
I would agree with the control board being faulty. The control board is what the AC and DC systems have in common.

Tom & Beth
05,Grand Junction 35TMS
99, Dodge 3500 Dually.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Symptoms of faulty control board. I had one a while back that did as yours is doing..would light up and pretend to work, but did not work. Replaced the control board and all was well. Around $125.00 if I remember correctly.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."