cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Purchased First RV

ronheb454
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I purchased our 1st RV at the recent Hershey Show. We purchased a Thor Miramar 34.1. We liked everything about this coach. I do have a list of several things that need repaired by Camping World. I hope it serves us well, we are both looking forward to camping on the east coast.
15 REPLIES 15

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
ronheb454 wrote:
My wife and I purchased our 1st RV at the recent Hershey Show. We purchased a Thor Miramar 34.1. We liked everything about this coach. I do have a list of several things that need repaired by Camping World. I hope it serves us well, we are both looking forward to camping on the east coast.
A list of things that need to be repaired, and it's new. Wheres quality control now days?

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
Since it is new there are probably no caveats so
CONGRATULATIONS may you never see the inside of a service bay.

For sure!!!
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

ronheb454
Explorer
Explorer
I will let you know, thanks.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't seen many reviews on the Miramar so I would be curious to know how yours treats you. Ride, comfort, noise level, components etc.

Congrats and happy travels.
2013 ACE 29.2

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
wallynm wrote:
Two happiest days of a RVer life. The day he buys and the day he sells. Get out and start putting miles on it. Congratulations

Haha, well, sometimes those awesome sun sets and sun rises are the happiest times too. I think the above statement applies to boats a lot. But with an RV, there can be many - MANY - happy times.

However, each is different so that may hold true.

X2 on my last boat. Boat= Bust Out Another Thousand
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

ronheb454
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks much everyone, I can feel the obsession. I am retired my wife has a year and a half to go. I am amazed at all the information on this forum and I certainly have a lot to learn but looking forward to it. I always wanted a beach house, almost brought one years ago but can't afford one at today's prices. I believe this is going to be better for us since we can go different places. We were planning a trip with the granddaughter to Disney and now are looking at taking the RV. My wife has a meeting in Wisconsin next year and we are thinking of taking the RV. Thanks again everyone, take care.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Thor.

There is a lot of information/advice available on the forum. Ask lots of questions.

I disagree slightly with wallynm. I think the two happiest days of an RVers life are, the day he buys it and the day he trades it for a newer or different RV. ๐Ÿ™‚

Enjoy your travels, you're going to love it.

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your purchase!! As I have found in the last couple of months since we bought our first....you have NOT bought a motorhome, you have just obtained an obsession! For the next several months and possibly years, you will think of nothing except what you can do to your coach and where you can travel. Unless you are retired, you will find it difficult to dedicate the time necessary for both due to the necessity of sleep. ๐Ÿ™‚ And everything you ever wanted to know about RVing can be found within the pages on this forum. Some really great and helpful folks here!!!

Enjoy!!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
wallynm wrote:
Two happiest days of a RVer life. The day he buys and the day he sells. Get out and start putting miles on it. Congratulations

Haha, well, sometimes those awesome sun sets and sun rises are the happiest times too. I think the above statement applies to boats a lot. But with an RV, there can be many - MANY - happy times.

However, each is different so that may hold true.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since it is new there are probably no caveats so
CONGRATULATIONS may you never see the inside of a service bay.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

ronheb454
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks much, good to know.

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the World of RVing! And congratulations on your new rig! You are going to have a blast...and the best thing of all is you have RV.Net friends here online for you in case (who am I trying to fool! Its not IF it's WHEN) you need help! You'll learn and meet a lot of great folks out here on the road! You'll find that Camping World will be your best friend as far as all the goodies that make RVing a bit easier! See ya out there on the road!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

ronheb454
Explorer
Explorer
New, 2015.