cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"C". Or Super C?

KHJPHOTO
Explorer
Explorer
Just about pulled the trigger on a LEASURE TRAVEL VAN; now thinking of stepping up to a Suoer C. Problem is I would guess the size must really limit where you can go.
Sure love the space; but would guess you are pretty much limited to RV Parks.

Your input?
11 REPLIES 11

KHJPHOTO
Explorer
Explorer
IA boy wrote:
For us a Super C gave us a walk around bed, more overall room and the ability to handle mountain driving pulling a Jeep Wrangler. Have not found anywhere the additional size was a problem.

Thanks! Just might buy one. Going to the Hershey show next month

KHJPHOTO
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Super C has the floorplan of a Class A and the cab of a diesel truck. I was looking at an Entegra Accolade today and found it has a 12,000# hitch. For me, the standard C is way too cramped.

No not really

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Had my custom built to my specifications, it's class 8 truck chassis with enough horse power to pull the Rockies without braking a sweat. Been to southern tip of Baja Mexico and as far north as the Artic circle.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

ronfisherman
A properly equipped Super C can go just about anyplace a smaller C can go. We were able to do state and Federal campgrounds with ours. There are some that limit size. But not that many.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
My dream RV
Proud father of a US Marine

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Super C has the floorplan of a Class A and the cab of a diesel truck. I was looking at an Entegra Accolade today and found it has a 12,000# hitch. For me, the standard C is way too cramped.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does the expense to maintain it matter ?

IA_boy
Explorer
Explorer
For us a Super C gave us a walk around bed, more overall room and the ability to handle mountain driving pulling a Jeep Wrangler. Have not found anywhere the additional size was a problem.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
That's a big jump from a travel van to a Super C. A Super C is our dream rig and no, you will not be limited to RV parks. There are a lot of FS CG's even with electricity that you'll be able to fit in. For us, a propane/electricity combo fridge would be a must rather than a residential because we boondock and it would take quie a bank of batteries and solar panels to support that fridge and not something that is necessary for us.

Enjoy!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a LTV and won,t go back. had A,s tt tc 5ers yep its smaller ,but my ltv can go any where. and I love 17plus mpg.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What length Super Cs are you considering? Shouldnโ€™t have an issue at Hearst San Simeon, Montana Del Oro or Morro Bay. Might at Cerro Alto for instance.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad