cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real World Experience With Transit Based Class B's?

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just starting in my search for a small RV. I am intrigued by the Ford Transit chassis. I'd like to hear of anyone's real experience with these. Is the 5 cylinder diesel a good engine? How does your RV handle? I'm most concerned about drive-ability and reliability. I am also wondering what to expect MPG wise? I know the CCW is less than a larger chassis and that is not a concern for me. Thanks.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!
7 REPLIES 7

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks! I have been following that thread also!
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to review this owners experience.

Paseo owner's story

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
There are not many Ford Transit upfits. You have the Coachmen Crossfit and the Winnebago Paseo.

I would say, if you want a good Transit upfit, you will have to hit a place like Sportsmobile.

Gryphon63
Explorer
Explorer
Songbirds wrote:
But I like smaller yet and have my eye's on the NEW 2018 the 2018 ERA 70M with DRY-BATH and Murphy Bed. As this is the only one with a DRY-BATH, Murphy Bed The 2018 ERA 70M very nice looking at 19.5-foot. Check out the web for complete details. Sets on a Ford Transit chassis.
The Winnebago Era is built on the Sprinter, not the Transit. The Paseo is their Transit Class B, but it doesn't have either a Murphy bed or a dry bath.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Songbirds wrote:
The FUSE is a CLASS C by Winnebago, not a CLASS B. But I like smaller yet and have my eye's on the NEW 2018 the 2018 ERA 70M with DRY-BATH and Murphy Bed As this is the only one with a DRY-BATH, Murphy Bed The 2018 ERA 70M very nice looking at 19.5-foot. Check out the web for complete details. Sets on a Ford Transit chassis.
We were smitten with this one too (although I think it is 24 feet, not 19.5), but when you get in one you need to be prepared for very close quarters when on the move. When the Murphy is stowed and the slide is in there is little space to squeeze from the front seats to the back. We were actually OK with this for ourselves, but we also needed room for our dogs to travel with us so we went for an Era A instead (and removed the unneeded sofa behind the drivers seat). In addition to more room in the area behind the front seats we ended up with a King-sized bed that we do not have to remake every night. Of course we have the wet bath so there is always give-and-take based on how you will use the coach!

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
The FUSE is a CLASS C by Winnebago, not a CLASS B. But I like smaller yet and have my eye's on the NEW 2018 the 2018 ERA 70M with DRY-BATH and Murphy Bed As this is the only one with a DRY-BATH, Murphy Bed The 2018 ERA 70M very nice looking at 19.5-foot. Check out the web for complete details. Sets on a Ford Transit chassis.
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest you check out the Facebook group, ‘ Winnebago Fuse Owners ‘. Also the Blog, ConFUSEd RVer
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad