cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear chf f53

Coach_Cleats
Explorer
Explorer
Should the jacks be retracted or down when doing the REAR chf and any suggestions or tricks to the fix I should know about in advance?
2004 Safari Cheetah 36 PDD, 03 Wrangler Sahara Toad W/Buddy Brake.
Denise and Bob 70 Years as Teachers!
Kodi D'dog'.
About to play as long as we worked.
Senior Softball! What a blast. Nothing is routine!
7 REPLIES 7

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
2/12 post does not say โ€œfront.โ€

It said โ€œIs it better/easier to do the CHF with jacks down or retracted?โ€
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Raising the coach with the jacks will make it easier to do the work, but I do suggest using jack stands or cribbing as a safety measure. As long as the coach is raised evenly, there will be no more stress on the sway bay than there would be not raised up. The bar just pivots in its bushings.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Coach Cleats wrote:
My first request refered to the front CHF. The most resent was for the rear CHF.Thank you for your helpful advice.

Answer is the same - no jacks. I personally wouldn't get under an RV with the jacks down, understanding that the tires should save you if they let go, but the jacks might lift it up enough for you to get your hand or anything else somewhere that if the jacks were to let loose, you could loose whatever is stuck in that gap. No thanks and no need. Never mind the fact that the jacks will drop the wheels and make the job harder not easier. There's enough space and if fairly level, just reverse the z brackets and done. KISS method on this one.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Coach_Cleats
Explorer
Explorer
My first request refered to the front CHF. The most resent was for the rear CHF.Thank you for your helpful advice.
2004 Safari Cheetah 36 PDD, 03 Wrangler Sahara Toad W/Buddy Brake.
Denise and Bob 70 Years as Teachers!
Kodi D'dog'.
About to play as long as we worked.
Senior Softball! What a blast. Nothing is routine!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"You already asked this once"...yesterday.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
You already asked this once.

LINK
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
doesn't matter, only if you want some extra room to work under there.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater