cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear Slide Control Board died

spinners1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Itasca motorhome model SUNOVA 35N with rear slide out.
I need a rear slide control board. This model is exactly the same as the 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 35. I replaced the board about 14 years ago and the Kwikee part number was 140464-02-700. I have queried Winnebago and LCI (they bought Kwikee) and they don't carry the part anymore. I have tried Caleb Colaw RV salvage, and Arizona RV Salvage with no luck. Any suggestions?

Of course I still have the option to manually crank it in, but we are not going any where soon (we are full timers) and I have plenty of time to get this fixed. If anyone knows of a source that I can get a used board I would appreciate it.
Ike
The Cottage
2004 Itasca Sunova 35N
28 REPLIES 28

spinners1
Explorer
Explorer
Update: The website posted by rgatijnet1 https://www.sazadchoob.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=857440
is a scam. To make a long story short, The only communication I had from them was that they could not find my order and needed the order number. I gave them that and have not heard from them since despite sending them 5 e-mails. They give no phone number, no location, no way to communicate except by e-mail. The e-mail address is different than the customer service email that they sent to me. The name of the account on paypal is also not related to the web site. I asked Paypal to investigate and Paypal refunded my money. The website primarily advertises clothing, shoes, accessories. I think its a fake website.

I'm still sending queries to RV salvage yards. No luck yet.
Ike
The Cottage
2004 Itasca Sunova 35N

spinners1
Explorer
Explorer
Actually I sounds like a fairly simple solution to just use switches. That's really all these control boards are anyway. I'll keep it in mind.
Ike
The Cottage
2004 Itasca Sunova 35N

ghsebldr
Explorer
Explorer
Mikestock, thanks for the input. I'm sure that is what my repair guy has in mind. I'm really not much of a DPDT switch type of guy. I think I'll wait for my very busy repair guy to come through and I'll stick to things I do well.

spinners1
Explorer
Explorer
Been doing some research on this sazadchoob.com. Their domain name was registered only 3 weeks ago. Dec 12, 2020. The phone number they gave when they registered has an Arizona area code. No address or phone number on their web site, just an e-mail address. When you pay it goes to someone called tineyijps. I hope this isn't some kind of scam. Haven't heard from them.
Ike
The Cottage
2004 Itasca Sunova 35N

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
ghsebldr wrote:
Hi Spinners. I just went through the same thing looking for a slide controller for my 2004 Minnie. My mobile repair guy said I'd be lucky to find one, I didn't.
He said he could build me a double on off switch to make it work. He did bypass the controller just to make sure the slide motors were good and they were.
When he comes back I'll take some pics of what he comes up with. I think he will use the old controller and just jump around it somehow.
PM me if you'd like some pics of his work/switch. He made it sound pretty simple.

I Have a Tiffin Phaeton and for some reason the driver's side front slide is the only one of four that utilizes a relay to operate the secondary main control. The other three are directly driven from main 12vdc power. They all use the same size motor. While waiting for a replacement I wired it up with a self centering double pole double throw switch, center position off. It operated fine but I went back to the relay system once it arrived. I really don't understand why there was a relay, only for this slide but I took for granted that I should put it back like it was.

Now, to the point: You probably have the same or similar set up and a DPDT switch will probably put you back in business

ghsebldr
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you, glad you found it. I'll still post my mobile repair guys switch when he gets around to making it up here. May be of value to some future slide owner.
Happy camping.

spinners1
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
I hope it solves your problem. For $39 vrs $1250 it seemed like a good deal to me.

I hope so. Their web site is a bit hard to navigate and gives no information on where they are located. However, my account shows the item as having been purchased and paid for. SO, hopefully it will ship in the next few days. Thanks for the suggestion. If it works it'll be a real godsend. I don't look forward to having to crank it in by hand. Fortunately we're not planning on going anywhere for quite a while.
Ike
The Cottage
2004 Itasca Sunova 35N

spinners1
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the photos I took.

This shows the mechanism that moves the slide. You can see the spindle just inside the foot of the bed. You can also see there is no access hole on the foot of the bed.

Shows the whole mechanism and the foot of the bed.

Same: different view.

See how much open space there is under the floor of the storage compartment.

This is where I put the access hole. I put a little vent device in the hole so it looks a little better than a gaping hole.
Ike
The Cottage
2004 Itasca Sunova 35N

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I hope it solves your problem. For $39 vrs $1250 it seemed like a good deal to me.

spinners1
Explorer
Explorer
I went to their web site and bought it, but haven't gotten a response yet. However my bank sent me an alert that I had paid for it.
Ike
The Cottage
2004 Itasca Sunova 35N

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If the part number you gave in your first post is correct Kwikee 140464-02-700) Here is the board for $39. Control board

spinners1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Branson. I'll check it out.

I finally found the socket for manually sliding the rear slide. It is supposed to be a small hole at the foot of the bed. When they built this RV they neglected to put the hole in the board at the foot of the bed. In your bag of manuals there should be a packet with two crank wrenches and a ratchet wrench. You stick the wrench in the hole and turn it with ratchet. I'll post some photos later.

BTW, there is a secret compartment under your bed as well. If you open the bed, take everything out and remove the floor of the compartment there is at least a 6 by 4 foot space about 8 inches deep, under there with nothing in it.
Ike
The Cottage
2004 Itasca Sunova 35N

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google RV Salvage Kentucky, can think of place something like Vison.they are one of the largest RV salvage yards. They ship all over US.

spinners1
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you who have a 2004 or2005 Itasca Sunova or Winnebago Sightseer; a question. Where is the socket for manually cranking in the rear slide? I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. I suspect it is under the trim piece on the bottom of the slide, but I don't want to take that off unless I am sure that is where it is. I have looked in the two bins on the right side and the bins on the left side. The tube that contains the worm gear shaft is clearly visible on the bottom of the slide but no way to access it? By the way it's not in any of the manuals. They only talk about how to manually crank the front slide and the sockets are right there when you open the bins on the front slide. Still looking for a control board.
Ike
The Cottage
2004 Itasca Sunova 35N