cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote gennie switch failure

Whaler
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Generac NPG 66 generator. The remote switch will do a start up but fails to shut down generator. The switch located on the gennie performs normally (on/off), it produces power with no issues. Tests shows remote switch to be good. It is a rocker style with on/ neutral/off with a run indicator light located next to it and a lead to the hour meter. Leads to it indicate continuity as far as I can check. This is beyond my skill set. Any suggestions or similar experience would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
You're welcome. Those plugs, at least on mine, are exposed to harsh conditions from road spray, crud and corruption. It's amazing they hold up as well as they do.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Whaler
Explorer
Explorer
You nailed it zig. Corrosion on connecter at back side. There was not enough to hardly see but it was enough to interrupt the connection. Thanks

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do both your remote switches act the same way or just the one on the dash?

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Check the wire harness and plug at the genny for a broken wire or corroded plug. I've had similar problem, except it wouldn't start, but would stop the genny.

Ron

F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Check the wire harness and plug at the genny for a broken wire or corroded plug. I've had similar problem, except it wouldn't start, but would stop the genny.

Ron

F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad