cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed over/stove...replaced with two burner induction.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have not tried the new induction cook tops, you are missing out on a great cooking device. Not sure why the original owner put a gas stove/oven unit in when above it is a micro/convection oven.
BEFORE

Installed a pull out tray in the bottom and the induction cook top can be removed for cooking outside. I have new respect for anyone who works with Corian.
AFTER

Now that I'm totally electric/diesel I'll remove the propane tank...naturally it's FULL.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...
22 REPLIES 22

Sultan1966
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced our Amana gas cooktop to a 2 burner Furrion induction cooktop and added a Contoure Dishwasher underneath it last month. Lost pots and pans drawer where dishwasher is but had extra room for them in pantry. Much more like a home now but hey we live here.
2008 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV with Cummins 425hp ISL (Louie) with 2005 Chevrolet Silverado (Roscoe) with Golf Cart in back (Forrest Gump).
Wife, I and our two dogs are Full-Timers

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Clicky for the above good article. You can buy a single element portable unit for less than $50.
,,,,,,$43.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
I thought this might interest those that are not sure how induction works
http://vollrath.com/induction/

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
We liked the induction cooking so much in our stick house that we put one in the RV. During the hot Summer months, it puts a lot less heat in to the coach than the propane cooktop when doing the same cooking task.
One other advantage is if you travel and camp at higher altitudes, like we do with the Western mountains, the induction cooktop will boil water much faster than propane.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Three years ago we got a portable induction single element induction cooker. Since then the DW has maybe used the two burner gas stove a dozen times and we are half timers. In the last year I doubt it was used even one time. Between a crock pot, micro/convection oven, and a single element induction we eat very well. OK, and the portable infrared gas grill for steaks when she will let me have one.

Any pot (including most SS) that a magnet will stick to will work as "induction cookware".

KWinzer
Explorer
Explorer
We currently have a two burner electric cooktop (the kind that gets hot and shows red coils). We had been thinking of switching back to propane, but I will check out the induction type first. I really have trouble with only two burners!

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
We have had induction cooktops in our last 2 MH's and love them.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Dry camping?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad