cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement RV Slide Out Topper

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
We need to replace two white A&E slide out toppers on our 2007 MH.

Both slides extend 29".

One supplier custom cuts both width and length for $350.

Another custom cuts only width and length is standard 49" for $190.

Same material for both. The $160 lower cost is attractive but I am not confident about winding up the extra 20" on the roller (49-29=20).

Has anyone done this? Does it work okay? What suppliers do you recommend?

Many Thanks....
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
10 REPLIES 10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
rgatijnet1 wrote:
The toppers on my Monaco coach all had a scalloped flap that hung down on the front edge when extended so the length of the topper fabric was important.

The length has nothing to do with a scalloped flap. The overhang flap(scalloped) is designed in the older slide toppers. Unless paid for extra or even offered, the Flap will have to be built into the replacement. If you desire that overhang flap, you need to ask if the replacement can have that flap. Doug

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The toppers on my Monaco coach all had a scalloped flap that hung down on the front edge when extended so the length of the topper fabric was important.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Stone Vos has a pretty good explanation of the length issue.

Check out question #6:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

camper_ron
Explorer
Explorer
Used this company twice very good.

Tough Topers

r0n....

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
I ended up ordering from RV Awnings Mart. They carry 16 mil material, standard 48" width. They only sell 3 lengths so I just ordered longer than I need and will cut prior to installation. Thanks to Doug above I am no longer concerned about winding up the extra 20" width.

Always fixing something, Happy Camping! 😉
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Slide topper Fabric is NOT cut to your 29 inch length. The OEM slide Topper Fabric is cut for ALL possible lengths. When ordering a NEW complete slide topper, you only have to know the width, not the length. Length is for the out, not for front to rear. You always have excess that you have to roll up. Your springs do not care about the length of the fabric or how much you roll up before you reach your 29 inch width. Get the fabric that is 20 inches longer. When I cut replacement Slide Fabric, I cut the exact same width and Length as the OLD. IF no old fabric, then I still will cut for width and add that 20 or so inches to the length. Doug

corgidad
Explorer
Explorer
http://stonevoss.com/
Great company to deal with and they have a great product. Give them a try

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked on Amazon?
I recently purchased one for our rig! It is 200 inches by 47”

I paid $122.00 Canadian delivered!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked on Amazon?
I recently purchased one for our rig! It is 200 inches by 47”

I paid $122.00 Canadian delivered!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
If length is all that is different, you can cut and seam the end that attached to the roller. All that is needed is cut to the size of old system and seam that end and slide onto the roller.

Have you taken the old one out and see how long it really is.