cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Chassi batteries

hermosilloleos
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking to replace batteries on our 03 winnebago with a caterpillar 330 diesel pusher.
Presently have the interstate brand from 08.
Open for opinions or recommendation on other brands.
Thanks
Ignacio
12 REPLIES 12

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I had both chassis batteries replaced last year with Napa heavy duty sealed batteries. So far they have been working just fine. Lot cheaper then the interstate I had before.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

MrWizard
(2) Gold Top Duralast batteries from autozone

3yr free replacement, 7yr pro-rated warranty
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

spritz_55423
Explorer
Explorer
I have a inter-state in my caddie and have had to replace it once already and its acting up again (not starting). The last interstate I buy.
I have 3 Die-Hards in the MH and have had no problems as of yet.
I plan on replacing the caddie again with Interstate just because its still under warranty.

polar76
Explorer
Explorer
tplife wrote:
Upgrade to AGM batteries and you'll never go back. Rock My RV just showed a solar-power upgrade using four Optima's. Pretty cool to see those guys inside under a dinette running the inverter off-grid! It costs more, but there are many advantages to these 21st century batteries. There are several quality brands producing cells for diesel and gas RVs. They'll never boil empty or create gassing problems and their resistance to vibration damage means a longer lifespan.

X2
I went with Die-Hard AGMs and am very happy I did so.

I had been getting a lot of corosion and gassing from the interstate 8Ds.
I changed out 3 of them with 4 group 31s.
END of the problems....
1997 32' Country Coach Allure
2014 Jeep Sahara

:C

doubleG
Explorer
Explorer
Try to find an interstate distributor and go with new interstates. I recently replaced 8 house and they were comp to others with the brand kicker.

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced mine w/costco golf cart batteries @ $80/ea. Interstates were $130. Many others on this forum have had good luck w/Costco batteries. Only time will tell!!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
If the Interstates gave you good service, why not replace with Interstates. Always check for a deal, but remember, your batteries are the heartbeat of your coach.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

tplife
Explorer
Explorer
Upgrade to AGM batteries and you'll never go back. Rock My RV just showed a solar-power upgrade using four Optima's. Pretty cool to see those guys inside under a dinette running the inverter off-grid! It costs more, but there are many advantages to these 21st century batteries. There are several quality brands producing cells for diesel and gas RVs. They'll never boil empty or create gassing problems and their resistance to vibration damage means a longer lifespan.

hermosilloleos
Explorer
Explorer
the batteries I am replacing are Interstate 31-MHD CCA 950 RC 155.

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased two chassis batteries from NAPA their HD Commercial and have been very satisfied. If I ever need them adjusted, there are NAPA stores everywhere.
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
When I replaced the chassis batteries on my previous '02 Journey with 330 CAT I shopped around and found the best deal in terms of price and battery warranty at my local NAPA. Bottom line, any of the major brands....NAPA, Interstate, etc. will do fine. Mine took the 950 CCA batteries.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
What size is your Interstate? Group 31 LHD (750 CCA)? Interstate wants $135 around here. Tractor Supply has Group 31 (925 CCA) for $99.99. I just bought two.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ