cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reset of Aladin

CINPHIL
Explorer
Explorer
I am the proud owner of a 2008 Monaco 40PDQ DP. The Aladin system in the coach is not working. The manual says to push the "reset button" located in an overhead cabinet. After looking, I can't find this reset button. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Phil and CindyPhil and Cindy
9 REPLIES 9

CINPHIL
Explorer
Explorer
I will check for the reset over the coach door and also identify the page in the owner's manual, and take a picture of it, where it discusses a reset button. I am currently in Calif for the next two weeks helping my mom move to an assisted living home and also working with a realtor to sell her house. She's 95! I will get back to you. Take care, and again, thanks for your help.

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
You don't say what model coach you have, but on our 2007 Navigator there is an Aladdin reset switch in the overhead cabinet over the entry door.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You state your Monaco owners manual states a reset switch. What Page is that stated on. MY 2008 manual states no such thing. It only states that on the link just for the Aladdin only manual. If I remember, the connections for the Aladdin is in the front dash area behind the dash monitor. It should be a large block like a stereo amp. Now, sometimes, on Monaco, they had some reset buttons but were NOT easily seen. They installed them BEHIND the overhead dash wood panels that are secured with screws. They did this to make sure people did not constantly push them and cause reset problems. Have you tried disconnecting BOTH battery banks AT THE BATTERIES? NOT use the disconnect, but complete disconnect of cables for 10 minutes and then reconnect? Doug

CINPHIL
Explorer
Explorer
First, and most importantly, thank you all for your helpful information. The following may be helpful in my quest to make the Aladin work. I have power to the Aladin as indicated by the red light on the Aladin dash controller. The dash monitor screen also works as the back up and side view cameras work on the unit. It seems like the Aladin is not able to communicate with the monitor. I am not able to get any type of information from the Aladin to display. My Monaco owner's manual says that there is a reset switch, in a cabinet, that will reset all of the Aladin information. It says to use the reset switch if the Aladin doesn't work. I can't find this switch. I am going to review the user's guide that was sent to me by Doug Rainer from Carrolton to see if that helps. Other than the Monaco's Owner Manual, I don't have any information specific to the Aladin, except what Doug just sent me the link to. If any of you want to discuss this off line, I can be reached at 214 437-3734. I am old and retired, so call anytime! Thanks so much!
Phil

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If this is the Manual you have I believe that is the older original Aladdin system and is probably not your 2008. Doug

http://www.tckempke.com/HRNav/Aladdin-System-Users-Guide-05.pdf

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Does the dash monitor come on at all?
2. Does the Rear View come on at all?
3. Does the dash Monitor have ANY indicator lights on at all?
4. I am not aware of any "reset" button for the Aladdin system. If such exists, I never had to access or use it in the dozens of Monaco Aladdin systems I worked on.
5. You are running th chassis engine and the House(coach) disconnect is ON and you do have 12 volt power in the Coach section?
6. Have you checked the fuses(all of them) in the LEFT FRONT outside storage with the large Fuse panel? There will be a 15 amp fuse labeled Aladdin main power. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/4163

This is a link to Aladin solutions. Doug

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
The Aladin was a Monaco specfic product -- When Monaco went of production, so did the Aladin -- No parts are available --

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Reset buttonโ€ฆ no, a on off switch.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...