cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Cover

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to decide on a cover for our class C, looking at the Camping World catalog there are 3 or 4 name brands. Those of you that use a cover what kind and why? The prices range from $ to $$$ and I'm sure you get what you pay for or do you? let me know your opinion on the different brands, I don't mind the $$$ cost if the cover is worth it and will do a good job and last.

Rich
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup
7 REPLIES 7

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Having had to tarp machinery loads for 30 odd years, one thing I learned right away (besides good neoprene tarps are very expensive) is, if there is a sharp corner, apply a cushion, I always carried strips of carpeting with me.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You Cobra21 you and ezo had the answer I was looking for. I'll check out the Empire covers. sounds like taking the time to get it tied correctly makes a big difference in how it lasts.

Rich
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
I bought Empire's cheap class C cover 7 years ago. It was finally wore out
this spring when we took it off. The 1st year we tied it tight and it was wearing at every corner. After that we tied 1 rope under the middle, and ran 1 rope around the perimeter tight above the bumpers. Lasted 5 more winters. Our
new empire cover arrives today $145.00. We'll see how this one does. You know,
when we bought the 1st one, we only hoped it would last 2 or 3 years. It all depends on how you fasten it on, and do cover any poking or sharp objects.
Brian

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
ezo wrote:
If you are willing to spend the money for a cover that will last, you should look at carver covers. Made in US and have a 5 year warranty. These are much better than any cover you can get from camping world.

https://www.carvercovers.com/rv-covers/

ezo Thank you for the reply, out of the 3 replies I received on my request for RC covers yours was the only one (1) that addressed the question. I do not understand why there are some that have to give smart answers.
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat

ezo
Explorer
Explorer
If you are willing to spend the money for a cover that will last, you should look at carver covers. Made in US and have a 5 year warranty. These are much better than any cover you can get from camping world.

https://www.carvercovers.com/rv-covers/

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, a good quality neoprene trap works well with a couple caveats...

One, the tarp needs to be arched over the roof, basically yhr tarp needs to be higher in the center that on the edges, nit hard to achieve by running 2 x 4's down the center.

Two, the tarp must be secured tauntly either with ratchet straps or ropes, not tarp straps. Tarp straps loose their tension when cold.

Corners must be protected from chafing with carpet strips

Finally, the tarp need to be checked for tightness every few weeks, especially if the unit is stored outside in an unprotected (from the wind) location.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
I have a metal roof over mine. It keeps the water out and water always wants to get in.