cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seam Caulk

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
What type of caulk does one use on the roof/seams of a 2002 Itasca 32V Class A gasser?
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V
20 REPLIES 20

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Daboo wrote:
I am amazed at the different "ideas" one says use this and the other says don't use that use this...guess the question is???is there any published non-bias reports of tests done with the chaulk and tape...everyone has an opinion...guess I will do what I want...same with the KN filters...I use one and love it..so with that said..Happy Trails to you and your's...

My 08 Monaco came from the factory with 4" eternabond tape on every seam on the roof.

I haven't had to redo any yet, I do keep a close eye on it. Even the joints between the front and rear fiberglass caps and the fiberglass roof are sealed with 4" eternabond tape.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
jsmart wrote:
Thanks for all the input fellow travelers. I went to the Dicor website, they had an excellent video on "how to". RV repair shop quoted me $3500.00 to reseal roof, slide outs, and replace the toppers on bedroom and living room slide. Looks like I can do the job myself for a Whole lot less. I appreciate all the info and advice I can get on this site.

when I had the dealer recaulk my winnie it was a few hundred $$ so it does look to me like they are getting a few extra $$$ for those toppers. I'd price around however.
bumpy

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the input fellow travelers. I went to the Dicor website, they had an excellent video on "how to". RV repair shop quoted me $3500.00 to reseal roof, slide outs, and replace the toppers on bedroom and living room slide. Looks like I can do the job myself for a Whole lot less. I appreciate all the info and advice I can get on this site.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
john b wrote:
Sully2 wrote:
If you have any of that EternaBond tape.....throw it away.

DICOR calk!!

Why such a strong negative statement on using Eternabond,Sully.

Read BumpyRoad's reply. Not only does it look like h**l it flat dont last! I want MY COACH repaired correctly...why would I advise someone else to do their half a**ed..?
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Daboo
Explorer
Explorer
I am amazed at the different "ideas" one says use this and the other says don't use that use this...guess the question is???is there any published non-bias reports of tests done with the chaulk and tape...everyone has an opinion...guess I will do what I want...same with the KN filters...I use one and love it..so with that said..Happy Trails to you and your's...
Served proudly 1957-1965..U.S. Air Force

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
john b wrote:
Sully2 wrote:

DICOR calk!!

If I was looking to buy a used RV and it had "scotch tape" on the roof I would pass on it. I don't care what the eternabond tape kool aid drinkers say, it looks patchwork.
bumpy

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Eternabond on the 4 permiter seams and it works much beter than dicor that has to be replaced every 2 years according to the MFGR's. If the EBond application is done right it will last for years!!!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

john_b1
Explorer
Explorer
Sully2 wrote:

DICOR calk!!

2001 F 350 CC PSD 373 rear,auto
RBW X16 slider,Bedsaver,Prodigy,Fold A Cover,Pressure Pro!
2011 Crossroads Cruiser cf32mk Patriot edit. 5th wheel Fibreglass and all the goodies necessary,Dish,comfy loungers,and a nickel to spend,
Mr & Mrs and the PUP.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
Dicor Self Leveling Lap Sealant and/or Eternabond Tape Sealant.
Dicor self leveling lap seal is what I used on my Winnebago for the first time 2 years ago. I applied it when a small leak occurred several years ago on the roof after 8 years of use. I did all the roof seals. I haven't had a problem since.

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone ever stop and think that if Eterna Bond was as great as some claim......why doesnt the factories use it from day 1 and they would NEVER have seam leakage problems?? Customers would sure apprecuate that...wouldnt they?
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
Fleet Man wrote:
Go to the Winnebago web site. You can find the factory caulk specs there for your unit.

x2
bumpy

X3 :B
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Fleet Man wrote:
Go to the Winnebago web site. You can find the factory caulk specs there for your unit.

x2
bumpy

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Eternabond on the end cap seams. Dicor self leveling on other flat surfaces. Geoseal on the roof to side wall transition. On the latter make sure you use a screw driver or other tool to get the caulk down between the wall and the roof.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS