cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sewer hose replacement

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it's time for a new sewer hose. Looking at the new Thetford titan premium or Rhino flex. Prefer one with end caps to keep water in and 2 10'sections as most time 10' is enough. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks to all who share their knowledge.
20 REPLIES 20

MrWizard
rhino flex 6.5yrs old and we full time, so it sees regular scheduled use
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

triboy
Explorer
Explorer
I've had motorhomes for the last 9 years and have used nearly everything out there and I've had problems with all of them until I bought the Waste Master back in February, it's by far the best sewer hose I've used, other than being able to pump uphill. The hose connection at the coach end has been flawless, the hose is extremely tough and the valve on the discharge end adds more flexibility to the system. Granted it's one of the more expensive solutions available but in my mind it's well worth it.

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
We have two 10 foot sections of Rhino. Really nice that it only extends as far as needed as opposed to the cheaper hoses that will open up all the way. We also have an electric macerator. I couple that up to a 100 foor 3/4" hose when I have no choice but to dump at home. Works real well, I was pleasantly surprised. Original plan was to run an extension pipe to my tank, but the topography doesn't work out. the rig is too far from the tank to get a good flow. This just works. I could take it with me to use at dump stations where pulling a large rig in is just not feasible. Only issue is I need a third 'black hose' to make this viable. So far we've not had an issue.

Do remember to get and use a clear section to make sure what is coming out is actually clean! We've taken to dumping several buckets down the hatch to wash the tank, although our new rig does have a tank wash, and we added a valve so we can close the hose off and reopen the grey to back flush the black tank. The additional security of the end of line valve is also nice. a few years back I was pulling the electric cord out on our Itasca and snagged the black valve, pulled it open, thankfully the cap was still on and it was only a weekend. I was able to take care of this potential mess and effect a clean dump by using some large diameter pipe that fit over the outlet and a couple buckets. Adding the vale occurred the next day!
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Camco's "Revolution" sewer hose sections for the last 5 years or so. I've only needed to replace one 10' section so far due to a park worker beating it up with a weed wacker, but it's readily available at most Walmart stores. I did manage to salvage about 3 feet of the damaged hose though, and refit the end fitting to it. Works great for those times you just need that little bit extra...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

racecitypat
Explorer
Explorer
We also use the RhinoFlex hose....... I built an under-the-camper sewer hose holder and its super easy and accessible......
2013 Keystone Sprinter 331 RLS... "the Hillbilly Hilton"
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 CC, 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
www.campingvacationnation.com

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
regular Rhino 3 inch only way to go;; reasonable priced ;; no fuss or muss

tried+ proved no point in reinventing the wheel like the sewer solution bs stuff

MilesandSmiles
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone tried Waste Master?
Newly retired
2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A
www.milesandsmiles.us

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
holstein13 wrote:
chiefneon wrote:
X2 regarding the Sewer Solution. We've been using the same one for over 15 years without issues. I purchased a second on a couple of years ago simply because our new TH 5er has two 3" dumps on it.
X3 on the Sewer Solution. It's always clean (relatively speaking), no smell and easy to store. The only downside is it's sloooooow.
So what's the advantage of sewer solution other than longevity? $133 for sewer solution on Amazon v $24 for Rhino Flex. My rhino flex is 5 years old and showing no signs of wear. Even if I had to replace it today, I'd have to go through 5.5 rhino flex hoses (or 25+ years worth) just to break even buying a sewer solution. I've had no pr lens using of storing my rhino flex, so I would ask what is the advantage? Not being antagonistic, just curious.
The advantages are:
  • Easy to store
  • No smell
  • Self cleaning
  • Can pump sideways
  • Extensions are small and easy to carry
  • Doesn't require a hose support
  • Nozzle redirects to rinse out sewer outlet
  • Has a clear attachment to outlet to see when done
The disadvantages are that it's super slow, it's costly, and it requires a water source.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
chiefneon wrote:
X2 regarding the Sewer Solution. We've been using the same one for over 15 years without issues. I purchased a second on a couple of years ago simply because our new TH 5er has two 3" dumps on it.
X3 on the Sewer Solution. It's always clean (relatively speaking), no smell and easy to store. The only downside is it's sloooooow.

So what's the advantage of sewer solution other than longevity? $133 for sewer solution on Amazon v $24 for Rhino Flex. My rhino flex is 5 years old and showing no signs of wear. Even if I had to replace it today, I'd have to go through 5.5 rhino flex hoses (or 25+ years worth) just to break even buying a sewer solution. I've had no pr lens using of storing my rhino flex, so I would ask what is the advantage? Not being antagonistic, just curious.

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
chiefneon wrote:
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Bruce_Brown
Add us to the Rhinoflex list, although that Smart Hose looks pretty interesting.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used Rinoflex for two wear out cycles now have the Tethford "Smart Hose" and really like it.. It is different.. Sewer Master or Drain Master (forget which) is the best (And most expensive) but it is the last sewer hose you will ever buy (Lifetime warranty).

What am I using now: The one the dealer tossed in for free 11 years ago.. I do not often use it, but on this site it is the EXACT length I need, no other hose in the RV can say that.

Page 2: Sewer Solution.. This device is a fresh water powered Jet/Macerator pump.. Water is becomming more and more scarce, plus in some states, the water is all owned by a company such as Nestles or CocaCola. I can buy Coke's bottled water just 3 miles down the road for a mear 12.80/gallon... Thus I would rather not place the added load on the park's sewer system or water supply by using the Sewer Soultion.

Electricity in this country is plentiful, plus many RVers use solar panels to soak up a few hundred watts of sunlight.. Flo-Jet makes a portable macerator pump, electrically driven.. Works great, Works even better/faster/farther/higher than the sewer soultion, It has only one problem easily overcome (The rotor sticks if not used for a long time, they provided a slot in the other end of the motor shaft you can turn with a quarter or screwdriver to free it before you apply power).

I like mine. I added 50' 3/4 inch black rubber hose for the long runs to the hole in the ground. Works great.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used Rinoflex for two wear out cycles now have the Tethford "Smart Hose" and really like it.. It is different.. Sewer Master or Drain Master (forget which) is the best (And most expensive) but it is the last sewer hose you will ever buy (Lifetime warranty).

What am I using now: The one the dealer tossed in for free 11 years ago.. I do not often use it, but on this site it is the EXACT length I need, no other hose in the RV can say that.

Page 2: Sewer Solution.. This device is a fresh water powered Jet/Macerator pump.. Water is becomming more and more scarce, plus in some states, the water is all owned by a company such as Nestles or CocaCola. I can buy Coke's bottled water just 3 miles down the road for a mear 12.80/gallon... Thus I would rather not place the added load on the park's sewer system or water supply by using the Sewer Soultion.

Electricity in this country is plentiful, plus many RVers use solar panels to soak up a few hundred watts of sunlight.. Flo-Jet makes a portable macerator pump, electrically driven.. Works great, Works even better/faster/farther/higher than the sewer soultion, It has only one problem easily overcome (The rotor sticks if not used for a long time, they provided a slot in the other end of the motor shaft you can turn with a quarter or screwdriver to free it before you apply power).

I like mine. I added 50' 3/4 inch black rubber hose for the long runs to the hole in the ground. Works great.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times