cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide Adjustment, 2000 Holiday Rambler 38WDS

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler 38WDS single slide. I have a water leak around the slide when the slide is retracted. With the slide fully in, the gap at the bottom of the slide (on the side) is much smaller at the bottom than at the top. To correct the leak problem, I need to reduce the gap at the top (thereby increasing the pressure in the weatherstrip seal at the top).

I'm fairly sure it's a Power Gear Slide system, and it is not the "flat floor" version. It runs on 2 rails, has one electric motor, and really works well except for the needed adjustment.

The slide has adjustments for "out stop adjustment", "in stop adjustment", and "vertical height adjustment". I have reduced the extension of the "in stop adjustment" and still have the "too large" gap at the top.

I'm reluctant to play with the "vertical height adjustment" as the slide is really well centered in the opening as it is.

Can anyone tell me how to reduce the gap at the top of the slide to increase the pressure on the slide seal at the top?

Thanks

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida
5 REPLIES 5

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
For those following this thread, there is a solution.

"doxiemom11" was trying to lead me in the right direction, but unfortunately there was no roller adjustment under my stove (it may be there but there is a slide floor over it). I did find two other roller adjustments inside cabinets.

"DraginRat" finally led me to the right conclusion.

What I've been missing is that Power Gear technical documents only show the rollers and adjustments that are part of the Power Gear slide mechanisms.

The coach manufacturer also adds rollers. There are Holiday Rambler installed rollers under the inside leading edge of the slide (not all of which can be reached on my MH), and also more Holiday Rambler rollers on the outside edge of the coach that can be reached from the cargo bins (there are 3 of them).

The three in the cargo bins are covered by black plastic boxes. Once I removed those boxes, I found the adjustments I needed.

Thanks to all that posted.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

DraginRat
Explorer
Explorer
Fred;

If there is a compartment under where the slide rails are, look inside the compartment above the door. There should be a small cover box. Remove the cover, and you should see a roller with a couple bolts that adjust the height of the roller. That may be the way to adjust your slide. Hope this helps.

Ken Gasbarri

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. I've checked under the stove, and I have no adjustment's visible.

I've downloaded and reviewed everything on Powergear's web site regarding slides, but can not find anything other than the three adjustments mentioned in the original post.

I've sent Powergear a message so maybe I will get a response soon.

Thanks again for trying to help.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
fcooper wrote:
I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler 38WDS single slide. I have a water leak around the slide when the slide is retracted. With the slide fully in, the gap at the bottom of the slide (on the side) is much smaller at the bottom than at the top. To correct the leak problem, I need to reduce the gap at the top (thereby increasing the pressure in the weatherstrip seal at the top).

I'm fairly sure it's a Power Gear Slide system, and it is not the "flat floor" version. It runs on 2 rails, has one electric motor, and really works well except for the needed adjustment.

The slide has adjustments for "out stop adjustment", "in stop adjustment", and "vertical height adjustment". I have reduced the extension of the "in stop adjustment" and still have the "too large" gap at the top.

I'm reluctant to play with the "vertical height adjustment" as the slide is really well centered in the opening as it is.

Can anyone tell me how to reduce the gap at the top of the slide to increase the pressure on the slide seal at the top?

Thanks

Fred

Powergear has a pretty good website with technical documents available to troubleshoot and adjust slide mechanisms etc.

Go here: http://www.powergearus.com/

Click on troubleshooting, then technical documents to locate what you are looking for.

Safe travels.
2012 American Coach Revolution

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a 2000 Monaco and DH researched powergear slide adjustment and got info off the internet. Found that there is some type of adjustment under our stove area. In the cupboard below our stove is a shelf and sliding drawer. Had to take the drawer out to access the adjustments. I think Monaco and Holiday Rambler has the same mfg, but could be wrong. They should be a lot alike.