cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide Out Alignment Tips?

RVWithTito
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone adjusted the alignment on a living room slide-out? If so, any tips? I was thinking of attempting it myself.

My slide out sometimes doesn't want to retract. It's intermittent. I suspect it might be a slight binding issue. I can usually push on it to get it started and it goes. One time my son and I had to push it all the way manually. It just started doing it a couple months ago after a weekend when we had a lot of guests in the RV. I lubricated the track and it works better, but still get's stuck every once in a while.

The slide has an electric motor hidden in a sealed compartment underneath. I may remove it this weekend to check it out.

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!
2007 Four Winds 31F Class C; Ford E450 Chassis; 250 Watts Solar;

RV Solar, Towing, DIY and Tips on my website RVwithTito.com
Watch My Video Tips at YouTube/RVWithTito
1 REPLY 1

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was going in and out but struggling at times so I marked all the starting points before changing anything so I could go back if needed. Mine had sagged on one side and after playing around with it I was able to make it much better.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually