cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide Topper on a 2019 coachman Mirada 32ss

Darylwitt
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2019 Coachman Mirada 32ss. On my last trip I had the slideout topper come out of the supports and landed on my roof . Have not seen any other Mirada with care free slide topper supports that I have. I would post pictures if I knew how to do it. Care Free offered to supply with the new parts but i. Would have to pay the labor. If the fabric would have weak the roller would have landed on the freeway and possibly killed someone. If anyone else has has this problem let me know
2 REPLIES 2

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Seems like you discovered another reason to go over anything attached to the outside to make sure it is tight. Once yearly after you check the roof just keep working your way down to ensure everything is tight. Things come loose from heat/cold cycles, sometimes they are not real tight from the factory and sometimes they pull out for no known reason. Your brackets may have been just tight enough when the unit left the factory but use and vibration from going down the road loosened the screws enough to let things come apart. Never assume that all factory and dealer installed items are as tight as they should be, especially brackets and screws making wire connections.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the fabric would have weak but the entire RV is out of warranty, correct? Your supports are good IMO. Try http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3 for picture posting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad