Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide trouble

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Newmar Baystar Gasser.

This not my coach, Just trying to help a fellow traveler. The full slide on the drivers side is not working. She went to put it out and froze at about 6 inches when she tried to pull it in in came in crooked and is now stuck about 6 in. in the back 2 in front. She tried customer service and has spent hours on hold. She also tried several mobile services but no one is availible.
Is there an manual overide so we can push it in? She's concerned about it coming out while en route.
Thanks to all!
Jim
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014
3 REPLIES 3

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Not knowing what slide set up youโ€™re dealing with Iโ€™ll roll the dice and say Lippert.
Check out their website. Once you determine which slide setup youโ€™re dealing with, check the related videos which I have found to be very helpful in the past.
Click here: https://support.lci1.com/slide-outs/
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is there an manual overide so we can push it in? She's concerned about it coming out while en route.
If this implies driving with a cocked slide that could cause damage. Once closed there might be ways to manually keep it in place once closed. It also might not be possible to push it in due to weight etc.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
the answer to your question is yes, there is very likely a manual override. However, what you have to do to manually get the slide in is entirely dependant on what kind of slide mechanism you have; there are several different types. Without more specific information about what type of slide it is, it's impossible to help further. Pictures of the slide mechanism could help.