Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slideout was stuck and bottom torn?

ichudov
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Monaco Windsor motorhome.

A slideout seemed to be binding. I helped push it out, relatively gently and it did come out. I then went to look at is and saw that a piece of plastic underneath is torn and the wood has some damage.

Here's a picture:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/slideout.jpg

I am sure that I have to fix it, however I need to operate this slideout two more times. DO you think that it is possible?

Thanks
2003 Windsor Monaco 40PST Class A Motorhome
5 REPLIES 5

mmccwill
Explorer
Explorer
Before moving the slide in, cut the loose pieces off so they won`t bind, & raise the forward carpet flap up & see if the nylon type block is broke or if any screws are loose -- Lippert makes your slide & the block is a "Lift Block" -- Your slide needs to be adjusted, & always move your slides when your coach is in the travel position, NOT after you level the coach -- That will throw the slide opening out of square -- I know some will say that`s all wrong, but they don`t have a Monaco built coach -- The coach is mfg at the travel position, & not leveled -- If I can be of help, call me -- 480-540-7377 Bill Willard

mmccwill
Explorer
Explorer
Monaco don`t use rollers on these slides -- The use a nylon block that the slide goes over -- There is a fix that includes installing a "ski" made of thick aluminum that goes over the damaged floor -- It has to be thick enough so you can counter sink the screws that`s needed for the install -- I had the same problem as you & that is what I had to have done -- Contact Elite Repair in Harrisburg Oregon for the part & advice -- The # is 541-255-6231- or 541-517-1716 --- Bill Willard

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like a roller has stopped rolling.
https://casshudson.com/22-rv-rollers-brackets
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
One of the bolt/screws that holds the roller may have backed out, happened on one of mine.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, I wonder whats inside the trailer that is causing the binding.

Either way, your repairing something, I dont think you can ruin too much more by using the slide out. For good measre tho have someone help you push it in and out to save one wear and tear on the drive system.

I think I would cut away the folded plastic etc to prevent further interference with what ever is hooking onto it within the slide out frame of the trailer.

2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission