cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smaller Class C

Johnny_Hurryup
Explorer
Explorer
Now that the kids are gone, I'm looking for a smaller Class C. Something around 26 or 27 feet. Not brand new but only a few years old. I'm not crazy about those 2' x 3' showers. And the ones with only the full size corner beds with the cut-off end isn't practical for me. Any suggestions??
11 REPLIES 11

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
Small on the outside (22'9") but big on the inside.
Bigger bathroom with walk in shower than most big class A's.
They do it with no slides and the use of a queen size Murphy bed.
Wife and I together are close to 450-500 pounds and the bed is rock solid.

I'm 6'0" and hang off the foot end slightly.
Don't thing you will find anything small with a bed any longer.

Pleasure-Way XLMB

https://pleasureway.com/models/plateau-xlmb/

pequeajim
Explorer
Explorer
Moose and Squirel wrote:
We have a 2015 Itasca Navion, (Winnebago View). Bought it used, 26 ft with 2 twins in the rear, small slide.. They also make one with a Murphy bed that has hughe counter space. Mercedise diesel engine, 15 mpg. We love it! it is perfect for us. We are not big people. My son in law who is 6'4 would not be comfortable in it. Good quality. Thor makes a wanna-be, but I'd stay away from Thor.

I am curious how sturdy the Murphy bed is in the 24D? I'm 6'-6", pretty husky at around 350lbs... The DW is 6' and I'm guessing close to 175lbs. Is this bed sturdy enough for the two of us?
Holiday Rambler Arista & Jeep Liberty Toad

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to agree with Bordercollie,a smaller one like his and mine seems perfect.I looked for quite awhile for mine then I went to the Rental Market and found one .Not a bad choice great price,service records and it has been well maintained.

You might look there as an alternative.My Son in laws brother has a Majestic28A ,a retired Cruise America RV it has a separate shower area that is fairly large and a large rear cargo space plus a walk around bed.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

BillHoughton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 23-foot 2006 Itasca Navion has a decently sized shower (I've never measured it, but I don't have to be a contortionist to use it). The beds are a fold-out sofa and a fold-down table, side exit in both cases.

We like the length because it's right below the cutoff point for a lot of things: some ferries we've been on won't accept any RV longer than 24 feet, for instance; and a lot of parks and RV places charge more for spaces for longer units. And I can park it in a supermarket parking lot, as long as the lot's got facing spaces without parking blocks.

Moose_and_Squir
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Itasca Navion, (Winnebago View). Bought it used, 26 ft with 2 twins in the rear, small slide.. They also make one with a Murphy bed that has hughe counter space. Mercedise diesel engine, 15 mpg. We love it! it is perfect for us. We are not big people. My son in law who is 6'4 would not be comfortable in it. Good quality. Thor makes a wanna-be, but I'd stay away from Thor.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
I have found that the tiny shower works best for me if I sit down on that seat portion. I'm 6'3", standing in that shower is what I would call roughing it but it gets the job done.
Brian

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
thor makes a 25- 27 Ft. A class with some great floor plans it is VAGES and AXIS on a ford V10 chassis
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
I feel like Phoenix Cruiser offers the best variety of bed options in motorhomes under 27 ft.
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at a used Coach House on the Ford V10 chassis, they are well built and hold their value very well. The factory in western Florida has used units that they will sell at reasonable prices; trade-ins from people who have lots of money and always want to keep up with the Jones! Their 27 ft units have lots of room and the shower is very good (along with all the other stuff).

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
We like our 2004 Fleetwood Tioga 26Q, 27 feet long RV Queen bed access on left side and end. Huge rear cargo storage space with spare tire in back. No slides, basic, fits all spaces. 26Q was discontinued a few years back, many for sale used. Same 26Q model also sold as Fleetwood Jamboree, only differences were upholstery.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does it need to be a C? Several small class Aโ€™s in or close to that length. Not sure youโ€™re gonna find units that short with a bigger shower. Take a look at the Winnebago Outlook C Class - 27D.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT