cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar Panel Installer in Southern Calif Area?

Redeye2280
Explorer
Explorer
Three or four years ago I recall someone mentioning the name of a great solar panel installer in northern San Diego county and really need to find one soon. Can anyone recall or recommend one in that area?

Thanks all,

Randy
2016 Jayco Alante 31V
2014 Honda CRV
2019 Golden Doodle
1950's Something Sweetheart of a Fisherwoman Wife
6 REPLIES 6

Redeye2280
Explorer
Explorer
Thank ya' all... I will definitely check each one and figure it out. Yuma wouldn't be a bad trip at all for good quality work. Newbury Park is definitely close enough and Lytle Creek is extremely doable.

I really appreciate all of your suggestions... definitely makes it a lot easier getting the panels installed with confidence!

Have a great New Year,

Randy
2016 Jayco Alante 31V
2014 Honda CRV
2019 Golden Doodle
1950's Something Sweetheart of a Fisherwoman Wife

aerbus32
Explorer
Explorer
I'd call Redlands Truck & RV and see who they'd suggest.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd also recommend Starlight. As full-timers, we know quite a lot of people who have used them.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard good things about Starlight in Yuma too.

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
A little bit out of your specified area, but these two below are highly recommended, if you are looking for quality:

Area 63 Productions, LLC - Uwe Salwender, Pres.
3112 S. Lytle Creek Road, Lytle Creek, CA 92358 Phone: 909-355-3558

www.area63productions.com
Area 63 Productions specializes in restoring and modernizing vintage Airstream travel trailers, in a full service fashion. Aside from long-term restoration and service on Airstream Products, they also do expert Solar layouts. Installations are often an integral part of complete re-wires, but also retrofit installations on newer vehicles. They do solar installations on all brands and types of RVs, although their main business is centered around work with new and vintage Airstreams. Uwe (pronounced U-Vay) has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Germany, has ASA certifications as a master mechanic in US, and a diverse background in the entertainment industry. He is very familiar with RV type electrical layouts, and has designed and installed a number of complete RV electrical systems, bringing the older RV's into the current technical standard. He uses solar power for his personal Airstreams on a daily basis.
email: vinnie@vinniesairstream.com

or

Advanced RV Service - Brian Aulestia
1200 Old Conejo Road, Newbury Park, CA 91320 Phone: 805-498-5999

Brian contacted us because a customer his wanted him to install one of our systems on their RV. We sent him the system, he installed it and the customer said his work was beautiful! Brian told us he really liked the system we sent him because it was complete and well designed. His customers continue to give him rave reviews.

e-mail brian@advancedrv.com

Both the above are small subsidiary operations of AM Solar, a top notch RV Solar company in Eugene, Oregon. AM Solar

Ed
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd look at Starlight Solar in Yuma - close to southern CA and you should save on taxes. I'm talking to them about doing mine next summer.

Starlight Solar Clicky

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.