cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Some fun We did this about 10 years ago on this forum

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
In one word (if possible) tell us what your number one favorite place you have been to and would recommend to others. Only one place please. Your favorite! Mine would be Death Valley in October. You'll learn about places you might want to visit. Enter as often as you like, but only one at a time.
111 REPLIES 111

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
Big Bend National Park in May.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

jkmac408
Explorer
Explorer
Lake City Co. As for as Alaska it has been my dream trip since I was a kid. My father lived there twice and drove the Alaskan Highway when it first opened, lots of pics. But do to cost and health concerns probably want make it.
Kenneth

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
My 2nd suggestion: Watkins Glen. Challenge the chasm. Walk the chasm. 825 steps down. Could barely walk for two days after. They say walking up is worse.

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
et2, that sounds good. Thank you. Will make it a point to see it. Getting great ideas that I wouldn't have known about.

AidenJ
Explorer
Explorer
pigfarmer wrote:
AJBert, maybe we should keep it to the USA so everyone stands a chance of finding new places. Thanks

Okay I take back Newfoundland and substitute a special place near Indian Lake NY
2014 Dodge Ram 3500 CC, CTD, SRW
2010 NORTHERN-LITE 10-2 SPECIAL EDITION)
Libby, 2 yr Boxer/Hound mix learning to travel

Rygar
Explorer
Explorer
Whidbey Island, Washington
2011 Montana 3455SA
2013 Ford F350 4x4 Crew Cab King Ranch SRW
Gary & Jane Retired Toy Store owners
2 Sheltie Furkids Cammie & Stormy

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
Western slope of Colorado.

CEDNH
Explorer
Explorer
Dawson City, Yukon
2012 Winnebago Sightseer 33C

et2
Explorer
Explorer
pigfarmer wrote:
AJBert, maybe we should keep it to the USA so everyone stands a chance of finding new places. Thanks

Holland is great. The whole west coastline is great. It sounds like Frankenmuth is out of your way, but it's also as others mentioned, really great. You're going to have to come back.

I see your retired Navy, thank you! But since you're in Holland, just up the road a little way is a old World War II submarine museum ( you can tour inside too). USS Silversides - it was in a old war movie too. Worth the visit.

https://silversidesmuseum.org

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
canadian rockies late spring before schools out.

behengold
Explorer
Explorer
Rollins pond near Saranac lake NY in August. Love the wagons coming through selling home made pies and ice cream.

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
AJBert wrote:
Roma, Italia to include the Vatican City.

Would you send me directions that are RV friendly. Sounds like fun. ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Places in Michigan I would return to....Holland, for the Tulip Festival, Frankenmuth for the world's largest Christmas store, Mackinaw Island, a must see. White Fish point in the UP and the Great Lakes museum there, which has the ship's bell from the Edmund Fitzgerald, the Soo Locks tour, Taquamenon(sp) Falls State park, Munising for a boat tour of Pictured Rocks on Lake Superior, and a lot of points in between.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
pigfarmer wrote:
Any more suggestions for Michigan? Western side?

Right on Lake Michigan starting from the south moving north you have 3 charming little cities. Saugatuck, South Haven and Holland all with light houses. From there just head north to Traverse City.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara