cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Source Eng Fan ISC330

TANDDANDBIGE
Explorer
Explorer
Tell me your experience, good or bad, with the Source Performance Fan on your ISC. Is it worth the extra $$? I am about convinced, but need a push...... THX TB
2002 HR ENDEAVOR 40'
2007 FORD EDGE TOAD
5 REPLIES 5

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Jim.....thanks for the invite, but my coach will never cross that border. Just not my thing to travel in Mexico.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
I'm glad to see that you're investigating my suggestion. You'll be very happy with the Source fan.

I had to replace the radiator on my 2005 Diplomat. Here are some tips if you're not done yet. I didn't try to buy specific radiator hoses to match. I made a note of each hose that needed replacement.....for example, one was 12" with a 90 and 8" on the other end and another piece of straight hose 6" in length. I went to an online radiator hose shop that sold silicone hoses. I purchased an 18" x 18" hose with a 90 and was able to make two hoses out of it. I found that the Monaco radiator was so rigidly mounted, that the silicone hoses gave more flex between the engine and radiator.

On mine, there was a huge metal shroud I had to remove. In the lower corners, I found a lot of debris built up. I cut an opening 1"x 2" in each corner so that in the future I could flush debris out those openings when cleaning the radiator.

When I replaced mine, the new unit (assembly from Monaco that were sold to a surplus company when they went out of business) included the radiator, Charge Air Cooler (CAC), shroud and trans cooler as a complete unit on a pallet. This new unit used rubber spacers between the CAC and radiator, just like a car use on a radiator. I would suggest placing a 1/4" thick strip of rubber between the CAC and radiator when you reassemble to keep the two form beating each other to death.

As always, Don has a fascinating post about some in depth work done on his RV.

I really admire your DIY skills, Don. In fact, I'd like to invite you down to San Felipe, Baja, only 7 hours away from your home, to sit around and shoot the bull. Maybe give some insight on some mods I'd like to do to my '02 Journey?
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

d_denver
Explorer
Explorer
I put one on my Cummins ISB and noticed no difference at all. Its not worth the money as far as I'm concerned.
2002 34' Holiday Rambler Pusher
2005 VW Convertible toad
2008 Dodge 4x4 "Power Wagon" toad

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad to see that you're investigating my suggestion. You'll be very happy with the Source fan.

I had to replace the radiator on my 2005 Diplomat. Here are some tips if you're not done yet. I didn't try to buy specific radiator hoses to match. I made a note of each hose that needed replacement.....for example, one was 12" with a 90 and 8" on the other end and another piece of straight hose 6" in length. I went to an online radiator hose shop that sold silicone hoses. I purchased an 18" x 18" hose with a 90 and was able to make two hoses out of it. I found that the Monaco radiator was so rigidly mounted, that the silicone hoses gave more flex between the engine and radiator.

On mine, there was a huge metal shroud I had to remove. In the lower corners, I found a lot of debris built up. I cut an opening 1"x 2" in each corner so that in the future I could flush debris out those openings when cleaning the radiator.

When I replaced mine, the new unit (assembly from Monaco that were sold to a surplus company when they went out of business) included the radiator, Charge Air Cooler (CAC), shroud and trans cooler as a complete unit on a pallet. This new unit used rubber spacers between the CAC and radiator, just like a car use on a radiator. I would suggest placing a 1/4" thick strip of rubber between the CAC and radiator when you reassemble to keep the two form beating each other to death.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
My bad, I thought you were talking about something different.
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C